AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

Contributor
RedNova
Message 1 of 4 (383 Views)

Collection of ASD bugs

383 Views, 3 Replies
03-22-2013 11:49 PM

Hi.

First of all I would be very appreciated if developers could view this post and give their feedback.

I am using ASD for about one year and I found a lot of bugs in this software.

Is there any way to share information about bugs with developers? Just to hope have them solved in next releases of ASD.

If developers are interested I could explain in details number of bugs.

Following just will name a few of them:

• bolts and nuts heads sizes are wrong
  • list of bolts generated almost never contains correct information about quantity.
  • some bolts are being shown twice on the drawings and in list of bolts. At the same time some bolts are not seen on the drawings
  • holes which are not 90 degree perpendicular to profile's UCS are lost during drawing generation
  • sometimes information about holes is lost from the model, so in profile's "part edition" tab you see that bolts are there but on the model you see nothing.
  • some profiles are lost from some views of group/assembly drawings
  • for some profiles during group drawing generation invisible edges are not displayed
  • list of material sometimes overlaps 2 first lines so you have to update it a few times till it is not displayed correctly
  • descriptors are not stable. Once created their scale can be suddenly changed (I suppose it is capricious regarding value of some system variable, probably one of following: dimscale/celtscale/hpspace/hpscale).

Distinguished Contributor
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 2 of 4 (354 Views)

Re: Collection of ASD bugs

03-23-2013 10:27 AM in reply to: RedNova
Good that you have shared the information. Post all the bugs you face, which will be helpful for developers. Also, how are managing the custom connection joints?
Eug3D
Message 3 of 4 (347 Views)

03-23-2013 12:15 PM in reply to: RedNova
Distinguished Contributor
CristianLANCULESCU1367
Message 4 of 4 (274 Views)

03-28-2013 03:30 AM in reply to: RedNova

The fastest way is through Subscription Center-> Contact us

There you create a case for every BUG.

This doesn't mean it will be fixed. If the BUG is important, it will be assigned a RBCS, RBCX.... number and that's all.

Unless you're lucky :smileyhappy:

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.