AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification of surface reinforcement - bars in ASD

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
abbakeer
882 Views, 5 Replies

Clarification of surface reinforcement - bars in ASD

Hi,
Regarding ASD reinforcement, I would like to know how to control / change the bar overlap splice location in
the Surface reinforcement - bars window. Codes allow to put the bar splice at any location subject that specified bar splice length is considered and put in stagger manner.

But some consultants refuse this way / method and they ask to put the bar splice in the compression zones / sides only.

Please find attached a PDF file showing a case of slab bottom reinforcement bars arrangement using slab surface reinforcement - bars window. The program generated the bar splice in tension zone ( I need the splice to be generated in compression zone - supposing I will give information for the location of that range when the program asks me).

Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
justin
in reply to: abbakeer

Good day,

I depends on the side you start from.

When you create the surface reinforcement you get 2 arrows to select perpendicular which direction your reinforcement is going to be. Now which side you select will depend which side your splice is going to be.

You can mirror it also i think afterwards. Edited by: justin@tvna.co.za on Mar 5, 2009 7:07 AM
Message 3 of 6
abbakeer

Good day

Thank you for your reply. I need the ASD automatically to generate the bar splice and locate it in predefined zones / ranges ( i.e. compression zones ) . Even if I use the " 2 arrows " method, still I need to relocate the splice, because it has been generated depend on / based on the available total length of the bars used. Also the mirror option does not work, totally we can not edit the splice location to accommodate it in the required zones.

Any way, Autodesk they will issue ASD2010 (it will come at the end of this month) which will include this option ( change / edit the splice location )

Thanks
Message 4 of 6
justin

Hey

There is option to mirror the splice when you are editing the bar. See picture.

Also when you mirror it you need to select the slab contour and the bar itself, other wise it wont mirror.

I can't wait for 2010, hopefully the few little bugs is sorted out.
Message 5 of 6
justin

Here is splice pic.
Message 6 of 6
abbakeer

Hi,

The mirror option I have mentioned, is the normal AutoCAD mirror command.

I mean we cannot use the "normal AutoCAD mirror command" to make splice change location.

Also the ASD splice location change shown in your attachement " sPLICE " depends on the available total length of the bar (e.g. 12000mm), so that the splice could not be located in the required zones/ranges.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips