AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

eknockolds
Message 1 of 4 (472 Views)

Changing layer color on auto generated drawings

472 Views, 3 Replies
02-04-2013 07:40 PM

Hi,

I am just starting on using ASD and am wondering if it is possible to set the layer colors for the automatically generated drawings? Currently all the members & plates are shown on white layers. I would like the program to assign a different color that white.

Thanks

Product Support
Jakub.Brozonowicz
Message 2 of 4 (461 Views)

Re: Changing layer color on auto generated drawings

02-05-2013 02:08 AM in reply to: eknockolds

Yes.

There is the layer which works as a template.

Changing colour in it will set an adequate colour of layer on drawing layer automatically.

Look here.

---------------------------------------------
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Jakub Brożonowicz
eknockolds
Message 3 of 4 (449 Views)

02-05-2013 02:54 PM in reply to: eknockolds

Jakob,

I have tried your suggestion and it seems to work in that the member detailed shows in the correct color in the Edition Layout however on the member print out it is still shown as white.

Also I was kind of hoping to be able to set the colors "globally" prior to generating the details. It seems I need to generate the detail first so ASD will create the layers then I have to change the layer colors and then create the detail again. Is this correct?

Thanks

Edmund Nockolds

Product Support
Jakub.Brozonowicz
Message 4 of 4 (429 Views)

02-08-2013 07:07 AM in reply to: eknockolds

This is unfortunately as designed behaviour.

Jakub Brożonowicz
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.