AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing layer color on auto generated drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eknockolds
850 Views, 3 Replies

Changing layer color on auto generated drawings

Hi,

I am just starting on using ASD and am wondering if it is possible to set the layer colors for the automatically generated drawings? Currently all the members & plates are shown on white layers. I would like the program to assign a different color that white.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Yes.

There is the layer which works as a template.

Changing colour in it will set an adequate colour of layer on drawing layer automatically.

Look here.

---------------------------------------------
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 4
eknockolds
in reply to: eknockolds

Jakob,

I have tried your suggestion and it seems to work in that the member detailed shows in the correct color in the Edition Layout however on the member print out it is still shown as white.

Also I was kind of hoping to be able to set the colors "globally" prior to generating the details. It seems I need to generate the detail first so ASD will create the layers then I have to change the layer colors and then create the detail again. Is this correct?

Thanks

Edmund Nockolds

Message 4 of 4

This is unfortunately as designed behaviour.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips