AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD SD 2014 Steel Shapes DIsappear in 3D Model

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jtayl71
1030 Views, 8 Replies

CAD SD 2014 Steel Shapes DIsappear in 3D Model

I am using Structural Detailing 2014 to build 3D models of structures. Every morning I open up a model and it works fine, then whenever I go to 3D orbit, every now and then the steel shapes just disappear and do not come back unless I close and reopen the model. If anyone knows of a fix for this please let me know.

THanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jrcasper
in reply to: jtayl71

I've had this problem also.  Try typing RE for a regen.  Seems to work fine then.

Message 3 of 9
jtayl71

I have tried using the regen command, and that does not seem to work. Thanks for replying

Message 4 of 9
markhubrich

Does this happen in wireframe or shaded?  Go through your graphics settings, 3DCONFIG 

Sounds weird but try cycling a few views. Sometimes this will fix strange issues with display on my workstation.

VIEWS.PNG

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 5 of 9
jtayl71
in reply to: markhubrich

Sorry I never responded, but it still happens. I have tried the 3Dconfig and gone through the settings. Also tried the cycling views and did not help either. And yes this is in wireframe. It's only steel members that disappear. Any other 3D solids work just fine. Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 9
Jianna

Message 7 of 9
jtayl71

Yes, i have the curent service packs.

Message 8 of 9
Jianna

I had to check. It's the simple things that you really kick yourself for later 🙂
Message 9 of 9
jtayl71

haha yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Thanks for helping

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips