AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bug - bolts assignment

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
StefanoPasquini6790
675 Views, 5 Replies

bug - bolts assignment

Hi everyone, 

can enybody help me to resolve this issue?

bug on bolt definition.JPG

I need to assign 4 bolts for flange side, but ASD create a single bolt that connects both flanges. How can I avoid this?

Thanks a lot!

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

Select the Bolt connection that drill through two flanges, on Object inspector right click and select modify properties by dialogue box.

uncheck the flange you dont want to drill to (top flange or bottom Flange)

if you want to connect to the other beam piece, us adopt drill to copie drill on other flange.

I hope that resolves your problem?

Message 3 of 6

Hi everyone,

I found a way to properly bolt on HE drilled on both flanges. I designed a 1mm thick plate with the same hole of the opposite plate  and I created the bolts between the two plates. The only flaw is that the assignment list of the bolts have an error on the positions.

right bolt assignation.JPG

I ask to Autodesk if they could solve this problem, allowing you to set the maximum thickness to join with dabase bolt length only.

Tanks a lot

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 4 of 6

I have had this problem a lot and adding a plate ain't a good Idea, if you dealing with Big structure.

youhave to esnure that the 1mm plate is not included on BOM or on mounting list, which might be easy to neglet if dealing with many parts.

you can also you the remove bolts option.

make sure your end plate have adopted holes in to it. then remove bolts and invoke the Insert bolt command to the plates.

1. then delete holes on the beam through Object inspector.

Now  use take bolts command to drill to the beam if you really want to show the Bolts.

2. otherwise you dont need to delete drilling on object inspector since your holes will line up.

3. Also try specifying bolt length instead of using auto length.

Option one, helps in case you need to move hole position

Message 5 of 6

Why don't you use 2x(End plate - Beam/Column flange connection)?

Message 6 of 6

Using the macro i spend a lot of time for node generation, instead using "copy" and "past" of any object, the creation of model is faster!

I'm a "fresh" user of ASD, before them i used ProSteel with whom I had not these problems...

Thanks for your suggestions, greatings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips