AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BILL OF MATERIAL STEEL A992-50 question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lincannotbe
1286 Views, 2 Replies

BILL OF MATERIAL STEEL A992-50 question

in the bill of material, 

when i use A992-50 steel, there is always a words added as shown in the image.

Is this a default? Is there a setting that I can change to make it appear only as STEEL A992-50?

See attached image.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
markhubrich
in reply to: lincannotbe

You can fix the XML file and take away the additional name. I was in there today hacking in some stainless grades and I noticed the additional names were blank. I'm willing to bet if I added a value to the additional name quote it would show up in the BOM.

Autodesk should release a utility to modify that or add new grades.

I keep finding myself modifying a grade I never use. I can post how I get it done tomorrow while I'm at work. The XML material file isn't in the program folder. Its in your user roaming profile autodesk etc... folder. I don't remember. I have the file open though so I can screenshot what I mean.

Probably not supported by Autodesk but they force us to create our own workaorunds and whatever it takes is my method. 😛
...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 3 of 3
markhubrich
in reply to: markhubrich

The file for ASD2014 is here...

C:\Users\markh.WSS\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2014 

Notice my username. Make it your username.

The File I'm hacking on is RMAT001.xml

matl.PNG

Find yourself a better editor than the one I'm using...

Notice the mess. Do a Ctrl F and search for your grade. My case, I need to specify an aluminum grade.

matl1.PNG

This is where I think your extra text is coming from, SECOND_NAME"   ". Lets put something in there and see what happens to my BOM.

First a before snapshot of the BOM...

before.PNG

Add something...Save file. Don't have to close it, just save it. Only until your done messing around creating your own grade names...

something.PNG

Now to refresh my BOM to see if thats what it was, hopefully 😄

Hmm. no. LOL

Wait, go into your project prefs... Materials... Database...

Remove the old Grade, add the new one...

select all your steel that you want that grade...

modify by dialog and pick the grade(should be empty since we removed it and replaced it in the project prefs..)

Sure enough...

We have a little extra something..

somethingextra.PNG

Now I'll get that back out of there before I forget 😄 Oh!! while I'm screwing around I'll modify my A500 Grade. My shop is trained to a different name, and so is Fabtrol.. They like to see the 'B'

a500.PNG

Save the file and...

Do the Proj. Prefs thing again... modify the members grade again...

There is is again :)..

grades.PNG

To create a completely new grade I just replace the values of one I would never use. I didn't go as far as to mess with the material properties yet but I'm sure I'll need to at some point.

...and fix the kiss export issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips