Contributor
benniebadenhorst
Message 1 of 7 (1,011 Views)
Accepted Solution

Beam/Column Connection

1011 Views, 6 Replies
07-09-2012 01:34 AM

Hi,

I want to create a beam to column connection. There is identical beams on both sides of the column web. I see that you can create a double sided clip angle connection, but I was looking to create a double sided end plate connection. Is this possible? Any guidance would be appreciated.

benniebadenhorst wrote:

Hi,

I want to create a beam to column connection. There is identical beams on both sides of the column web. I see that you can create a double sided clip angle connection, but I was looking to create a double sided end plate connection. Is this possible? Any guidance would be appreciated.

There is a macro that can do this. It is called "2beams to column web" which does exactly what you wannt. 

@Jakub: Why would someone do that when there is a macro fo that?

Regards.

Product Support
Jakub.Brozonowicz
Message 2 of 7 (1,004 Views)

Re: Beam/Column Connection

07-09-2012 06:49 AM in reply to: benniebadenhorst

Please look at movie here.

It might be a solution but not by one connection and no connection ability is kept for such solution unfortunately.

---------------------------------------------
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Jakub Brożonowicz
Distinguished Contributor
CristianLANCULESCU1367
Message 3 of 7 (988 Views)

07-10-2012 05:09 AM in reply to: benniebadenhorst

benniebadenhorst wrote:

Hi,

There is a macro that can do this. It is called "2beams to column web" which does exactly what you wannt. 

@Jakub: Why would someone do that when there is a macro fo that?

Regards.

Contributor
benniebadenhorst
Message 4 of 7 (985 Views)

07-10-2012 05:20 AM in reply to: CristianLANCULESCU1367

Thank you. That is why I asked. I couldnt think that they would not have this macro. And all this time I was looking under the wrong group of connections.:smileyhappy:

Product Support
Jakub.Brozonowicz
Message 5 of 7 (981 Views)

07-10-2012 06:03 AM in reply to: CristianLANCULESCU1367

True.

My oversight.

Thanks.

Jakub Brożonowicz
Contributor
benniebadenhorst
Message 6 of 7 (872 Views)

09-26-2012 02:08 AM in reply to: Jakub.Brozonowicz

Does the suggested macro work if the beams are not the same size?

Valued Contributor
lucis29
Message 7 of 7 (806 Views)

10-01-2012 11:26 PM in reply to: benniebadenhorst

Yes.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.