AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

lynleyg
Message 1 of 3 (280 Views)

Automatic positioning

280 Views, 2 Replies
07-23-2012 09:06 PM

I am having trouble with the positioning in AutoCAD structural detailing.

If i select all the elements in the object inspector and do automatic poitioning, with the 'assign same position for assembly and main part' checked, I end up with some items C1, C2 etc, and some C12389 (5 or 6 digits).

Even if I manually so it starting with the assemblies - numbered 01,02,03, then doing the fittings selecting start numbering from 1 and wanting F1,F2,F3 etc. It wont start from F1, it wants to put F11 or some other strange number.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lynley

*Expert Elite*
StefanoPasquini6790
Message 2 of 3 (254 Views)

Re: Automatic positioning

07-25-2012 10:01 AM in reply to: lynleyg

Hi lynleyg,

I have the same problem, this is a big trouble for the manufacturers that built my projet. I hope that this issue will be fixed soon.

Greatings

PasProStudio

Structural + Detailing engineers
Distinguished Contributor
CristianLANCULESCU1367
Message 3 of 3 (238 Views)

Re: Automatic positioning

07-30-2012 07:16 AM in reply to: lynleyg

Probably you allready asigned the F1-F10 to other parts. 

Please check that the F1, F2 etc is not assigned to some parts that are not visible in Object Inspector.

Whatch out for bolts, nuts because from 2013 they all get positions. Otherwise, I don't see how you can get to 6digit numebers.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.