AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk products every year they get crappier and crappier

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jenyzosin
585 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk products every year they get crappier and crappier

Hello,

This is a message from a friend of mine who is very angry, like other people about the ADESK releases

"Every year you pull out a new version of Autodesk products, and every year they get crappier and crappier. Please STOP the marketing scheme and focus on making your product better. It is a real shame that you don't want to do this. Every time I install a new version of Structural detailing for example I have to put up with all the bugs that you did not resolve in order to get then new version on the market.
It is really annoying that every time you get a new version out you must have a more powerful computer. It is not normal. OPTIMIZE YOUR SOFTWARE!!!

Here is a list of the idiotic bugs that you did not resolve:
1: The crosshair flickers and i can fix this problem by reinstalling Windows, or sometimes by simply reinstalling just ASD and the problem is IN YOUR SOFTWARE, NOT IN THE DRIVER PART OF WINDOWS!!
2: The program crashes sometimes without me doing anything. The program asks me if i want to try recovering the file, but almost never works.
3: I sometimes get an error "error executing program" when trying to open a file.
4: The menu does not always load.
5: XREFs take a long time to load 
6: Sometimes I get an error An error occured during save. One time i had to start all over because i could not save the file in any way. Again, it is not a problem from Windows like privileges or anything else, it comes from YOUR software.
AND THIS IS JUST OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD

I am sick of waiting EVERY TIME for a service pack to solve some of the problems that you did not resolve from the beginning.
Here is an idea. Instead of pulling out every year a new version of your software, try to make the one you have on market WORK AS YOU SAY IT DOES

I hope that I did not waste my time writing this, and someone WILL read it and WILL take measures."

I think we all need an official answer about ADESK releases thet became crappier and crappier every year!

I hope someoane  from Autodesk read this messages!

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line - O.L.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I would like to respond to objections that bet.

First of all, this forum, yes it is a place where we have the right to express their opinions about products, but we primarily intended to provide assistance in case of problems with the use of programs.

So if you expect that these problems could have a chance to consider, we should give these matters appropriate direction.

The main advice I can give the author of this opinion is to request the individuals to technical support.

Every day we deal with similar problems and most of them are solvable, and the rest is invaluable knowledge for developers in the process of software development.

So if you want to help the person concerned in obtaining the appropriate technical assistance, the best way to refer to a subscription center or detailed description of the problem on the forum and will of cooperation in the exchange of necessary information.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 3

Jakub

he didnt want a sales response asking to fix something he didnt know how to do, he was not asking for technical support...support has already been saught...and failed...he was mentioning things that your tech support cant fix with a differnent procedure or training.

He complained that the program DOES NOT DO what your advertising garb say it should be able to do...it has major bugs

I second his feelings on this....it would be great if you actually released a FULLY FUNCTIONAL version of the software instead of rushing to beat market deadlines by provideing an unfinished program to the users

I dont think this is so much of an Autodesk issue as a software industry issue...Bill Gates Legacy to the software world is..."just get it on the market, the users can do all of our testing and we wont have to pay someone to find the bugs"

Or can we harras you for false advertising...your big glossy adverts make all sorts of claims about how you can do certain things only to find that the program is broken and ill have to wait for another release to fix it.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips