AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2009-Newbie with 2 questions

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1614 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2009-Newbie with 2 questions

I got ASD 2009 as an upgrade with a Revit package a few years ago and just figured out that I should have been looking at this product years ago. I am a rebar detailer. I will list my questions below. Please help!

How do I change my settings to imperial using 2009?

Is there a driver for Windows 7 64 Bit? That is what I am already running and I really can't afford to upgrade.

Thank You in advance,

Brian

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Priitl220
in reply to: Anonymous

How do I change my settings to imperial using 2009?

You should use imperial template . RBCR-001.dwt – for USA

Is there a driver for Windows 7 64 Bit? That is what I am already running and I really can't afford to upgrade.

64 bit support is for ASD 2011 and 2012 versions.

Anonymous
in reply to: Priitl220

Wow, that was fast. Thanks for the quick response. I located the RBCR-001.dwt file and imported it. I still don't see anything but Metric. Is there something else I should do? When I go to change the units it only gives me metric options.

Message 4 of 10
Priitl220

How did you import it?

You start with it. (its a template). Just open it. Press "A ->new -> drawing" and choose RBCR-001.dwt.

Anonymous

We opened the RCBR-001.dwt immediately after opening up the
program. We changed drawing units from decimal to architectural so that we can
draw in model space in architectural “imperial” units (feet, inches). Then we
clicked on the spread footing icon to design the geometry of the footing. All
units in the dialog box are “mm”. How can we change those to inches and feet
instead of millimeters?

Message 6 of 10
Priitl220

Then there is problem with the template. But before you draw any rebar you can change units via "job preferences". 

Anonymous

I've downloaded and installed Service Pack 1 thinking that might help but again when I open up the RBCR-001.dwt USA template and then go to the Job Preferences dialog box all I get is a drop down with "Standard" as the only selection and no "Imperial" radio button. I've attached a screenshot as well so you can see what I'm talking about on my end. The work units drop down box defaults to "mm" and when I press the down arrow it only allows me to select other metric units like "cm".

Message 8 of 10
Priitl220

1. Standard is just name for the group of settings, you can save them.

2. Can not help you. I do not have 2009 version. Maybe it did not support imperial back then. Do not remember.

I recommend upgrading , stability has improved a lot. I have crashed 2009 a lot and 2010. But 2011 version was hard to crash (supported my way of working I guess).

Before it came ASD it was a RCAD and then you could not use Autocad native commands a lot, as it crashed the program.

Anonymous

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I have dowloaded the 2011 trial version for now so I have some reading to do.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Hi

I do not use CADS RC (I saw a demo last year). And I can say that ASD is the best one (except some errors I explained in the forum). You can do any design by ASD. Now they are improving its 3d. I think that the next versions of ASD will put this software on the top of shop drawing maker. If you are an expert in using CADS RC, it is good, but it is better if you study ASD. It is very fast in slabs. Only one thing about ASD, if 3d bars are to be done, it will need you to add some extra information/annotations manually (using the normal AutoCAD commands). I hope that will help you. Send me your files in ASD format only.

Regards,

Abbakeer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips