I downloaded the 2011 update for our subscription for AutoCAD Structural Suite. Both Revit Structure and AutoCAD SD installed without any issues. I then used the license transfer utility to export the license so that I could install the backup version on my portable workstation. I did not get a chance to do this install, so the next day I went back on my desktop and used the license transfer utility to import the license. It said that it was successfully imported. When I went to open AutoCAD SD I get an error that says the following:
A license error has occurred. Contact your technical support representative for assistance
To help determine the nature of the problem, the error code is: -21.126.0
I have tried to re-export and re-import the license without any changes. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling both AutoCAD SD and Revit Structure and it is still happening for both.
Of interest, I did get a chance to install Revit on the secondary computer (after this issue started), and it installed and was working correctly. I then tried to transfer the license from this working version, but it said that it could not export the license as you can not export a larger quantity than you own....
Most recently I uninstalled everything 2011 related from both computers. I installed AutoCAD SD on the primary desktop and am still getting the same initial error. Our tech support guy recently left the company, so I am at a loss as to how to get this to work.
I managed to resolve the problem, let me just shade some light on what was happening. AutoCAD Revit structure suite 2011 was installed and activated successfully but after using the licence transfer utility thus when the error started to occur. I assumed the clean reinstall will fix the problem but this didn’t work. So I decided to check the licence transfer hoping that when I run it for the first time I will be able to import the licence to my surprise I was opted to transfer the licence. I exported the license and re imported again with no luck then I decided to export again but this time I did not re import. I stared Revit and did not get the error but was opted to either import the license or activate. Well I decided not test my luck so I chose to activate rather than import and everything is now running fine now.