AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

Distinguished Contributor
markhubrich
Message 1 of 3 (383 Views)
Accepted Solution

ASD2014 sucks up memory and won't release it until restart of ASD

383 Views, 2 Replies
01-02-2014 05:05 AM

I have 32GB of ECC ram and after 15 to 20 minutes ASD pops up a message saying to save and exit because I'm out of memory. If I don't exit, it does it for me in a hurry.

I'm running Win7 64 and as I model in ASD I can watch my free memory dissapear while watching the Resource Monitor.

Is this due to the high resolution that I'm creating my bent profiles?

I am sure that it is about this bent profiles resolution and other factors making the package of data bigger.

Generally it was said many times as good advice for big projects to subdivide on smaller models to keep the job easier.

---------------------------------------------
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Product Support
Jakub.Brozonowicz
Message 2 of 3 (342 Views)

Re: ASD2014 sucks up memory and won't release it until restart of ASD

01-07-2014 03:05 PM in reply to: markhubrich

I am sure that it is about this bent profiles resolution and other factors making the package of data bigger.

Generally it was said many times as good advice for big projects to subdivide on smaller models to keep the job easier.

---------------------------------------------
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Jakub Brożonowicz
Distinguished Contributor
markhubrich
Message 3 of 3 (302 Views)

Re: ASD2014 sucks up memory and won't release it until restart of ASD

01-13-2014 12:02 PM in reply to: Jakub.Brozonowicz
Yes Jakub I do think that this was the case. It is funny that you mention the subdivide the big project. This happened to me on the file that I created new just for the purpose of clean slate to perform the cuts on the bent profiles. The faceting of the profile was un-acceptable unless I increased the resolution of the Pline.

I found that it does work to copy in profiles from another file after I work on them in separate file. It doesn't play nice however if I assign positions before I copy. Different issue all together. One I don't care about :smileyvery-happy:
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.