AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD2014 sucks up memory and won't release it until restart of ASD

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
markhubrich
844 Views, 2 Replies

ASD2014 sucks up memory and won't release it until restart of ASD

I have 32GB of ECC ram and after 15 to 20 minutes ASD pops up a message saying to save and exit because I'm out of memory. If I don't exit, it does it for me in a hurry.

I'm running Win7 64 and as I model in ASD I can watch my free memory dissapear while watching the Resource Monitor.

Is this due to the high resolution that I'm creating my bent profiles?

...and fix the kiss export issues.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I am sure that it is about this bent profiles resolution and other factors making the package of data bigger.

Generally it was said many times as good advice for big projects to subdivide on smaller models to keep the job easier.

---------------------------------------------
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 3

Yes Jakub I do think that this was the case. It is funny that you mention the subdivide the big project. This happened to me on the file that I created new just for the purpose of clean slate to perform the cuts on the bent profiles. The faceting of the profile was un-acceptable unless I increased the resolution of the Pline.

I found that it does work to copy in profiles from another file after I work on them in separate file. It doesn't play nice however if I assign positions before I copy. Different issue all together. One I don't care about 😄
...and fix the kiss export issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips