AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD with Civil3D?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mariepl
698 Views, 6 Replies

ASD with Civil3D?

I have Civil3D installed on my machine, and I just installed my Revit Structure Suite, with AutoCAD Structural Detailing. However, when I try to launch it, it will load Civil3D and close without warning right after startup.

Are there any known issues with side-by-side installs of these 2 productr?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mariepl
in reply to: mariepl

Any idea guys?
Message 3 of 7
mariepl

Now I managed to start ASD using ACAD instead of C3D, but once the Structural Detailing Splash Screen opens, I get an unhandled exception (the same one twice) and ACAD shuts down right away.

I'd like to test it out, but if I can't make it work it's going to be difficult... See attached image.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Please try the following:

1. Start ACAD 2009 (ACAD alone! Not ASD!) – does it start OK?

2. Close ACAD 2009

3. Start ASD 2009 – does it start OK?

Hope that helps

Darek Message was edited by: Dariusz Kwolek
Message 5 of 7
mariepl

Hi Darek

Yes ACAD does start correctly, no issues there.

When I start ASD after starting ACAD, I get the dialog box asking me to chose between steel, formwork and reinforcement. Say I click on steel...

ACAD does start and loads RBCS-044.dwt. But I get a prompt asking me i I want to show or not show proxy graphics. Whatever I chose, ASD will continue loading and eventually give me an unhandled exception error message and close. I've attached the screen cap of the error message.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Strange…

I would like ask you to do as follow:
1. Run ASD
2. Run Steel module
3. Before you get proxy graphic dialog box try to enlarge the command line zone and make a screenshot starting from the beginning of command line or copy and paste the content of command line and attach as a text file.

Darek
Message 7 of 7
mariepl

Thanks Dariusz but I'll be switching computers very soon, so I decided not to spend too much time on this...

I'll let you know If I get the same problem on my new machine...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips