AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD vs all the others

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
elbeiser
1963 Views, 6 Replies

ASD vs all the others

I am another Revit-ASD victim.

Yes I love AutoCad - since 10 releases in 1990 - and like every year I hopped for something to happen...

Since 2009 I tried to use Revit for detailing and then ASD.

Unfortunately there is impossible to use the obsolete ASD platform. So I turn to the outstanding Tekla, the excellent Graitec Advance, and the good Allplan

Allplan is not recommended for steel, but excels in precast design.

All of this software leaves Revit-ASD far behind.

This year there was news that Autodesk finally bought Graitec....

Is this true? 

Or we have to hear again that Revit is not for detail drafting, and next year ASD will work properly????

Since is not possible to contact Autodesk directly I try through this forum for somebody to give a true explanation.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dave.wolfe
in reply to: elbeiser

I'm not an official source, but yes Autodesk bought graitec. I have spoken with several sources within Autodesk and it sounds like learning Advanced steel is a good idea. No information regarding time frame or implementation has been released.
Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 7
elbeiser
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks Dave!

I understand that you are closer to the "high windows".

Anyway should have to be clear answer from Autodesk, to know what to do.
Message 4 of 7
markhubrich
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Hmm... Is there a trial version to download? I'm an Autocad lover too. It's a love/hate relationship with ASD. However, I can do stuff Tekla and SDS2 can't do 😜
...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 5 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: markhubrich

@markhubrich wrote:
Hmm... Is there a trial version to download? I'm an Autocad lover too. It's a love/hate relationship with ASD. However, I can do stuff Tekla and SDS2 can't do 😜

trial of what ASD or graitec?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Both ASD and Graitec Advance Steel have 30 day free trials.

ASD free trial:
http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad-structural-detailing/free-trial

And for Graitec I believe you have to contact them in order to get a trial. But the trial does include Advance Steel, Advance Concrete, and Advance Design. They'll also get on webchat with you and show you how to do things and answer any questions you have. They're extremely willing to help you.

Message 7 of 7
markhubrich
in reply to: DarrenP

I already use ASD. I was thinking about looking at graitec. Problem is unless Adesk adds it to my Building Design Suite Ultimate subscription I won't be buying it. 😐

I am curiuos though.

...and fix the kiss export issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips