AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Arun_Kumar_K
650 Views, 6 Replies

ASD TO IMPROVE

By going through all the topics in ASD, I find Autodesk has not taken any effort to fix or resolve in their release, I feel ASD is an dead product of Autodesk. Need user views in this.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Autodesk and all companies only put money in something profitable, maybe ASD isn´t.

I imagine this talk many time ago in an Autodesk staff meeting:

-Hey guys, we are an enterprise that offer.....software so, we have something for detailing?

-nop.

-Then what´s the cheapest that we can buy without spending money?

-Robobat......

-Works?

-Yeah

-with ZERO investment?

-Yeah

Message 3 of 7
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Autodesk acquired Robobat for around $33million. Something ll be there in their mind to develop the software. Any software in the market will be popular only if they have good feature. Tekla, Advance steel, Prosteel are popular because of the feature it has got. ASD is no where in comparison with that. If they really wants to develop the software, they should develop according to the user needs. Here I don't find any one to speak with their users. Acquisition is not only the solution to sell the product, there should be a continual improvement required. We purchased the software because of the brand of Autodesk, and finally we failed to deliver.

Message 4 of 7

you don{t need your product be the most popular, just a good product. The software I'm using has weekly updates  and no many companies have it, they make just a "client driven product".

Message 5 of 7

Lets hope whether we get some usefulness is ASD 2014. Graitec advance steel in Autocad platform is very good.

Message 6 of 7

I have the same opinion as you. I also consider ASD as an almost dying product. That's the reason why I've started leaning Tekla.

Even Jakub, seems to be missing.

ASD formwork is officialy dead and for Steel and Reinforcement there haven't been updates for about 2 versions.

Message 7 of 7

You are absolutely right. I need a clear view from the ASD team, whether there is any plan to improve the product or please let us know, this will decide us to to choose the other platform. Request not to include your product in Plant design suite if there is no improvement. As this software spoils the reputation of Plant3d.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips