AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD questions (don't own yet)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
otherguy
491 Views, 2 Replies

ASD questions (don't own yet)

1.) If there is not a macro for a certain connection is the source code "open" so that an IT programmer could make one for us?  Similar to how AutoCad is.

2.) Erection drawings and Assembly drawings, when changes are made in the model do they update automatically including any part mark changes

3.) Erection cross sections: are the erection drawing cross sections intelligent, as in you can click on a bolt and it will give you the quantity, size, type, length of the bolt for that connection?  I want to be able to get the information from what's in the model, don't want to type it in.

4.) I saw a thread somewhere that beams framing into columns at an angle didn't work, is there a work around for that?

Thanks for any information/help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@otherguy wrote:

1.) If there is not a macro for a certain connection is the source code "open" so that an IT programmer could make one for us?  Similar to how AutoCad is.

2.) Erection drawings and Assembly drawings, when changes are made in the model do they update automatically including any part mark changes

3.) Erection cross sections: are the erection drawing cross sections intelligent, as in you can click on a bolt and it will give you the quantity, size, type, length of the bolt for that connection?  I want to be able to get the information from what's in the model, don't want to type it in.

4.) I saw a thread somewhere that beams framing into columns at an angle didn't work, is there a work around for that?

Thanks for any information/help

1) The API is open, but there is no documentation available (yet)

2) Yes they do, but there are some problems with added dimensions or "dumb" lines added in "Edition Layout"

3 There are some inquieres tools. The bolts are added when you create the connection. There is also a "Bolt list" that counts the number, dimension and material off the bolts. Also you can add positions to bolts and washers.

4) Beam-to-column works. The majority of the macros are for profiles. That thread was about 3-plate welded sections. (tapered beams/columns).

Lucian.

Message 3 of 3

I think that he was talking about this thread.  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Structural-Detailing/Connection-Shearplate-Beam-column-web-at-... 

A work-around was suggested but did not have enough info to actually do it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips