AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD problems too numerous to mention

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
tony
1057 Views, 9 Replies

ASD problems too numerous to mention

I am a true believer in paying for software but I think you need to get a good product if you do this. Autodesk can't deliver a good product in ASD so it almost seems fair that you shouldn't have to pay for it. Lets all ask for our money back. I think some sort of petition aimed at the appropriate person could get some action and maybe some info put on some media sites to warn people thinking of purchasing ASD to be very careful before buying it. Autodesk is laughing at all of us using this forum. Their zero responses speak show their interest in trying to help out.

Has anyone got any ideas about a petition.

Tony

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
StefanoPasquini6790
in reply to: tony

Good morning Tony,

my proposal was a "Legal Class Action", the only thing that we need is an American Lawyer and a complete list of the unsadisfied users of ASD 2014 with the subscription invoice.

Meanwhile I'm using ASD 2013 and thinking to change it. The only way to leave Autodesk is Tekla...extremely expensive...

Wait for update and hope for an Autodesk action.

Greetings at all

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 10

Stefano, there are other Detailing softwares on the market, which are cheaper then Tekla (Graitec, BoCad, Bentley's solution etc).

I do hope for an Autodesk wake up, or at least they should say ASD is dead.

One solution would be for them to buy SDS/2 and implement the steel conections in Revit.

Message 4 of 10

The SDS / 2 works in revit with ASD? Type 100% functional. Anyone know if it works?

Tanks

Message 5 of 10
petko666

Welll ... everything is clear now ... If you haven't noticed yet , Autodesk has bought the rights over GRAITEC's Advance Steel and Advance Concrete . Perhaps this is the reason ASD has been ignored . Now as usual Autodesk will just buy an already developed software and sell it under its name ... Let's hope they don't ruin it as we have seen so many times !

Message 6 of 10
jorgeluisgdeaca

Tekla = Strucad

Advance steel = ASD

Maybe?

Message 7 of 10

I don't think so, I believe that Advance Steel will be included in Revit, and ASD is going to die!!!!

This is before the 64 bit manage of ASD is impossible...

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 8 of 10

Ok, I never thought  from their (Autodesk)  perspective:

Tekla = Strucad

Advance steel = ASD

Many,many ,many years later:

Little-investment Steel Pro= Advance steel

Message 9 of 10
tony
in reply to: petko666

Can you point me to some info about Autodesk taking over Advance Steel

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>
Message 10 of 10
tony
in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

Hi Stefano

You should seriuosly look at Advance Steel It is very good and you don't need Autocad to run it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips