AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD equivalent of Prosteel unlock constraints to stretch

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Rich.O.3d
919 Views, 3 Replies

ASD equivalent of Prosteel unlock constraints to stretch

In prosteel, you unlock constraints, then you can use stretch to adjust frames, then you relock constraints.

Is there a similar method in ASD

currently when stretching the end of beams, they default to move with amount of the stretch.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dpreezm
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Hi I have the same problem, I'm actually disappointed that nobody posted a solution as this is a common operation as designs change constantly and If you have to make rapid changes... Re-assigning all end treatments, grating sizes, hand railing etc. Will be sooooo mundane and time consuming!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

-=StevieWonder=-
"Trust me, I'm a draftsman"
Message 3 of 4
markhubrich
in reply to: dpreezm

this button right here... 

see attached

Is this what your looking to do?

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 4 of 4
dpreezm
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Hi thanks for the reply!

Actually no it does not stretch/extend members it also moves them? What I want is for instance a row of secondary beams joining it's main beams e.g. 1000 centers apart and now the the distance changed to 1500 centers apart.

Now, if I move the main beams to 1500 obviously the secondary beams stay put. Instead of having to go thru the long operation of extending each and every beam and re-attaching it's gussets and cleats etc. I thought I could use the normal stretch tool under  home_modify_stretch and select all member incl. the main beam? This is not stretching the members it only moves them.

-=StevieWonder=-
"Trust me, I'm a draftsman"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips