AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD define front view and rotation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jrcasper
751 Views, 2 Replies

ASD define front view and rotation

As an example I have a column assembly.  When creating views I get a "top view" which is really a side view with the column on it's side, a right end view which is really a "top view".  I understand I can rotate the individual views and change the view titles to acomplish this, but what I'm asking:  Is there a way to define which face is top, front, etc... and the prefered rotation before I create the views so that I don't need to do the above rotation and title manipulations?  Is there some control of this within the Templates?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jianna
in reply to: jrcasper

You can change your UCS and then change the coordinate system of that particular set of views to match.

For instance, I click on the view cube to change my view so I'm looking at what I consider the top of my assembly. Then I type UCS, then V. Now, while still in model space, go to the Positions tab of the Object Inspector, right click on your assembly, and choose Change Coordinate System, then chose UCS. Lastly, update your views and they should change orientation.

Sometimes I have to use some trial and error to figure out exactly which UCS I should use.

Let me know if this helped by clicking Mark As Solution. If you need clarification I can add screenshots Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
jrcasper
in reply to: Jianna

Perfect!  Works like a charm.Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips