AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD and Graitec Advance Steel

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
tony
8519 Views, 23 Replies

ASD and Graitec Advance Steel

Now that Autodesk has bought Advance Steel I think ASD might be on the way to their software graveyard. Does anyone think that Autodesk might offer the subscription users of ASD a good discount on Ad vance Steel. I think they owe that much to their loyal users

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
MDadmin
in reply to: markhubrich

I'm being completely sarcastic.  I convinced a room full of people that the best thing for this company is to purchase something that could not be sold in a pinch.  There's no way I'm going back to try and sell Advance Steel to them.  It's like saying because we fly we should lease a private jet and keep it fueled on the runway 24/7. 

Andrew Castille
Message 22 of 24
elbeiser
in reply to: MDadmin

Bad news for concrete and steel designers. There are two softwares . Advance Steel and Advance Concrete, should have to be a good solution for precast - there is not -. So if you want to adjust the bolts in the foundation footer? concrete here steel there.... Understood? TEKLA is the answer for people who needs a total solution. And is a very expensive solution. 

Message 23 of 24
MDadmin
in reply to: elbeiser

We are using the plant 3d steel shapes at the moment.  We export them to either .sndf and/or CIS/2.  I have had good experiences with that. The issues with the Plant3D structure it's finky as the flat bar shapes are non-existent the round bar and plate functions are incomplete.  We end up using autocad 3d commands for plates.  With the structural detailing not being a good fit at all between Plant3d and ASD its unlikely we will ever use the product.

Andrew Castille
Message 24 of 24
elbeiser
in reply to: MDadmin

Bad news for concrete and steel designers. There are two softwares . Advance Steel and Advance Concrete, should have to be a good solution for precast - there is not -. So if you want to adjust the bolts in the foundation footer? concrete here steel there.... Understood? TEKLA is the answer for people who needs a total solution. And is a very expensive solution.

Sent from Windows Mail

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips