AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

Active Contributor
tony
Message 1 of 11 (4,109 Views)

ASD and Graitec Advance Steel

4109 Views, 10 Replies
10-15-2013 02:27 AM

Now that Autodesk has bought Advance Steel I think ASD might be on the way to their software graveyard. Does anyone think that Autodesk might offer the subscription users of ASD a good discount on Ad vance Steel. I think they owe that much to their loyal users

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 11 (4,081 Views)

Re: ASD and Graitec Advance Steel

10-15-2013 10:02 AM in reply to: tony

In the U.S you can't buy ASD by itself you have to buy in Build Design Suite Standard or higher or Plant Design Suite Premium or higher so they probably won't do that here

maybe it will be added in these suites in 2015

Mentor
zcsillag
Message 3 of 11 (4,038 Views)

10-16-2013 10:20 AM in reply to: DarrenP

So ADSK Team we have Graitec in 2015 suite ?

I don't want to pay subscription for nothing, I better buy Tekla little !!!

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Employee
dkwolek
Message 4 of 11 (2,129 Views)

04-07-2014 07:06 AM in reply to: tony

Hi

Advance Steel 2015 will not be available in Building Design Suite 2015.

Standalone licenses may be purchased when the product becomes available.

Regards

Dariusz Kwolek
Structural Product Manager
AEC Solutions
Mentor
zcsillag
Message 5 of 11 (2,124 Views)

04-07-2014 07:31 AM in reply to: dkwolek

Nice... we pay subscription for nothing...

Thx for info !!!

ASD 2008=2015 and ASD XXXX :smileytongue:

Regards

Csillag Zoltán

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Contributor
iegia
Message 6 of 11 (2,069 Views)

04-08-2014 01:53 AM in reply to: tony

Hi Dariuz, thank you for your information.

Let me remember you one of the reason because I bought Robot Structrural and Autodesk revit structure suite. I think you will understand my disappoint with his new.

"...software is a powerful solution for detailing and creation of fabrication shop drawings for steel and reinforced concrete structures. Use specific modules for fast and efficient generation of steel connections and shop drawings, dynamic concrete models and concrete drawings, and automatic concrete reinforcement definition and concrete shop drawing generation."

"We also wanted to let our customers understand how serious we are about the structural business and the type of investments that we are making. I hope that you better understand where we are taking our product portfolio

A few other things to note: AutoCAD Structural Detailing is Integrated with Revit Structure through the extensions and can also be used a standalone product."

BEAM AND BIM May 06, 2008

Contributor
elbeiser
Message 7 of 11 (1,146 Views)

05-17-2014 11:47 PM in reply to: dkwolek

On one side buying the concurrence's software is to admit that Autodesk's is not giving the fight.

On the other side is admitting that all the promises given to AutoCAD users about progress and better performance were not "accurate".

The situation now is that the product cannot be bought from Graitec, and local Autodesk resellers are not offering the package yet.

And at last all the clients who believed on bold promises about Revit Structure and ASD are framed again and again for paying year renewal that is worth of nothing.

“You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

A coherent and serious proposal should have come from you together with news of the purchase.

You are damaging your veteran and loyal clients

Active Contributor
tony
Message 8 of 11 (1,124 Views)

05-18-2014 03:54 PM in reply to: dkwolek

As a very dissapointed EX ASD user I now enjoy using Advance Steel supplied to me by an independant distributor who gives me excellent service. Autodesk can't match that type of service. It's called old fashioned service. Unfortunately Autodesk took the path. "take your money and run" I just hope my current supplier doesn't turn into one of these faceless companies like Autodesk creates from its suppliers. Letsa see how long before Autodesk can stuff up this really good product

Regards

One of Autodesk's many thousands of disssapointed users

Active Contributor
tony
Message 9 of 11 (1,110 Views)

05-18-2014 11:34 PM in reply to: dkwolek

Hi  Dariusz

I wish I could believe you but unfortunately Autodesk puts the dollar before the cutomers needs. You will see soon enough.

mrfozieo
Message 10 of 11 (1,072 Views)

05-20-2014 09:06 AM in reply to: tony

We just bought 15 seats of Plant Design Premium last week and to find this out now is very unfortunate. 

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.