AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD 2014 Layout Tabs

45 REPLIES 45
SOLVED
Message 1 of 46
markhubrich
3694 Views, 45 Replies

ASD 2014 Layout Tabs

While deleting a Layout Tab I crash with FATAL ERROR. 

WHAT GIVES?!?!?

...and fix the kiss export issues.
45 REPLIES 45
Message 21 of 46
markhubrich
in reply to: zcsillag

If you have subscription, you can download previous version. 

Its only 66gb Smiley Indifferent 

That will be different depending on if your ASD was in a Building Design Suite or not. Mine is in BDS Ultimate. So I can't only download ASD. I have to grab the whole suite.

Message 22 of 46
lucis29
in reply to: markhubrich

Also, if you install 2013 version, you must search for a hotfix so you can register it on Autodesk. 

It's not that simple.....:)

Message 23 of 46
zcsillag

yess we can download previous version

But register cant... im w8 2 day for adsk send me email ....

1.) We would like to inform you that your license has already been upgraded to a new version. In this regard, we will manually generate an activation code instead once you have successfully installed your software on your intended machine.

2.) To generate an Activation Code and get you up and running, I need one more piece of information from you.

Please reply to this email with your Request Code - a series of random digits and letters - that is displayed on your screen as you try to activate your license. 

😛

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 24 of 46
markhubrich

It looks like you have another day to wait "minimum".

3days.JPG

Message 25 of 46
selmir

I have the same problem as everone else. It seems like the tabs only generate when the file is closed and reopened. If I could get a refund for this program I would. The best part of it is that they are saying the dont have a solution so just use last years version. What kind of company even rolls out a new version before they check it. Its like buying a 2014 Corvette and having only 3 wheels on it. It is seriously wasting my time and since I am new to my company it looks like I dont know what I'm doing when it takes me a month to draw a set of stairs..

Message 26 of 46
zcsillag

Hehehe Use x-force... same 😛

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 27 of 46
markhubrich

Hey my 2013 is actually installing just fine using the serial and key I used before.

Message 28 of 46

Thanks for fowarding Jakub's tip about setting SETPBUF to zero in 2013, but what does it mean to "load all the printouts"?

Geoff

Message 29 of 46
markhubrich

I have installed ASD 2013 without having to remove 2014. Or at least it didn't complain about it this time. I'll test out the workaround and let you all know how it works out.....

Message 30 of 46
markhubrich
in reply to: Geoff

It probably means to activate them.

WTF!! Looks like I'm waiting the 3 day minimum.. It wasted my time letting me install it.

wtf.JPG

Message 31 of 46
zcsillag

mark ... use hotfix 😛

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 32 of 46
sk8or15

Mark, with other software, I was able to change my computers date back say 4 months, a year, or whatever, and fixed your issue, may want to try it.  After the installation finishes, you can then correct your computers date.

Message 33 of 46
zcsillag

work.JPG

Dont work Jakub !!!!!!!!! :S

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 34 of 46
zcsillag
in reply to: sk8or15

omg !!!

use hitfix

hotfix.JPG

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 35 of 46
sk8or15

Another thing I have been meaning to do is create a thread for everyone to post the little glitches and issues that would otherwise be overlooked by autodesk, maybe help to bring attention to the minor things that make me want to pull my hair out and waste hours and hours of my time.  Is it only me, or is everyone else also having these small glitches and issues?  I've read the items from the service pack 1 (2013) and it seems they mainly only fix using the info gathered from the error report sent after crashes.  I have a page front to back plastered with small issues that should be fixed.  

Just to throw this out there, I've not had ONE SINGLE problem from Solidworks, NOT ONE crash, NOT ONE force close, NOT ONE lockup, not even a hang up for more than a second or two.  Where is Autodesk????  I've been a happy Autodesk fan for 15 years.... up until about MEP where I started to notice the software becoming VERY, VERY sluggish, and a lot of problems.

Message 36 of 46
zcsillag
in reply to: sk8or15

and you think the ADSK cares you're the fan or not ... subscription pay and nothing else :S
Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 37 of 46
tony

I am a true believer in paying for software but I think you need to get a good product if you do this. Autodesk can't deliver a good product in ASD so it almost seems fair that you shouldn't have to pay for it. Lets all ask for our money back. I think some sort of petition aimed at the appropriate person could get some action and maybe some info put on some media sites to warn people thinking of purchasing ASD to be very careful before buying it. Autodesk is laughing at all of us using this forum. Their zero responses speak show their interest in trying to help out.

Has anyone got any ideas about a petition.

Tony

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// Any got any ideas <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>

Message 38 of 46
markhubrich

The topic of this thread is about ASD 2014. I would be excited like you if there was hotfix a little further up in your photo in the 2014 section.

Message 39 of 46
markhubrich
in reply to: tony

I'm pretty sure the only way to get ASD is with the purchase of Revit wether included in a suite or stand alone. I don't believe you can buy ASD as a stand alone product. 

This tells me that getting any type of refund would be unlikely since ASD has no face value. 

Personally the only 2 softwares I use from my building design suite are ASD and Navisworks Manage. It was just cheaper to maintain the subscription on a BDS than keep upgrading Revit and Navis separately.

Message 40 of 46

Hi Mark

What Zoltan showed you was a hotfix for ASD 2013 to activate it.

If you wannt to rollback to ASD2013 and got the license expiration error, use that hotfix and it will work. (or at leas has worked until today. My 2013 version doesn't seems to start).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips