AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD 2013 Railing - Fixing to concrete cored hole

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
markhubrich
897 Views, 6 Replies

ASD 2013 Railing - Fixing to concrete cored hole

Is there any solution to fix a railing to any other than a steel member? I would like to use cored holes in concrete with a specified embedment depth.

...and fix the kiss export issues.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Are you thinking about concrete member in Steel ASD module?

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 7

I was thinking I am detailing a ramp railing and I would like it if I can create the concrete slabs that make up the ramp using the "Formwork" interface of ASD. It would also be a plus if I could import and work with the concrete in the "Steel Project" module and choose the slab as a supporting member. In addition adding the different methods I might choose to attach to the slab. In my current situation I am coring the posts 6" deep and anchoring with anchoring cement.

The benefits would go beyond just railings. Many situations have me manually drawing in concrete supporting structures for structural erection details. 

Message 4 of 7
HulelaG
in reply to: markhubrich

@ AutoDesk

"Are you thinking about concrete member in Steel ASD module?"

I like the Idea of concrete members in ASD, without having to switch over but material be separated on Object inspect.

any posibility of getting such functionality on next version?

Message 5 of 7
Jakub.Brozonowicz
in reply to: HulelaG

Using the user defined section like on this recording?

---------------------------------------------
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 6 of 7
markhubrich

The most simple modeling solution would be if I could model the supporting concrete as a typ. Solid shape. Like a box. Then select it and assign a concrete property. The railing parametric should recognize it as a supporting member. Then offer a few methods of attachment.

Adding wedge anchors to the fasteners would be great too.

As if I'm not asking for a lot already, Hilti has a BIM library for their fasteners. If there was a better way to create user parts...

Thanks 🙂 I'll be looking forward to these additional functions in SP1.
Message 7 of 7
markhubrich

Better yet, can you duplicate the plate function and give it standard concrete properties? I wouldn't need to assign positions to it, just need it to be visible in engineering drawings and recognized as a base to attach to by either coring or anchors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips