AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

csammons
Message 1 of 5 (635 Views)

ASD 2013 - Producing a Plan View (General Arrangment) Layout

635 Views, 4 Replies
09-25-2012 11:14 AM

What is the procedure for developing a Plan View, with text and dimensions and titles?

Valued Contributor
tedmail
Message 2 of 5 (631 Views)

Re: ASD 2013 - Producing a Plan View (General Arrangment) Layout

09-25-2012 12:09 PM in reply to: csammons

That's like asking how to use a computer.  A bit too vague of a question.  You first need to create your model if you want automatic drawings to create a "plan view".  If you are asking about a general view, they have what is called a schematic, I beleive.  You can create a top view of any part, group or assembly, however.  Or you can draw out a plan in model space with lines and print that like the old days.

We could offer more help if I knew what stage you were at and where you wanted to end up.

csammons
Message 3 of 5 (627 Views)

09-25-2012 01:09 PM in reply to: tedmail

My aplogies if I was not making myself clear. I have generated a model, a steel pipe support bridge. I am able to generate shop drawings. I want to create an overall Plan View, with the visible beams and columns labeled. As of now, I can create the plan view using mviews, but I have to place the labels and dimensions in paper space. I wish to use the templates to create a Plan View general arrangement layout.

Valued Contributor
tedmail
Message 4 of 5 (624 Views)

09-25-2012 01:14 PM in reply to: csammons

You are after the schematic type drawing template.

Valued Contributor
jorgeluisgdeaca
Message 5 of 5 (619 Views)

09-25-2012 02:22 PM in reply to: csammons

just creating a group, then insert it as block into your layout.

See below the attached.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.