AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone working with advence Steel?

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
talles.projetos
1588 Views, 13 Replies

Anyone working with advence Steel?

I wonder what is the best program. To make modeling and fabrication drawings too.

Thank you! Smiley Tongue

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Jianna
in reply to: talles.projetos

I did a 30 trial with them and I'm highly considering switching. It seems more stable (my ASD crashes all the time) and all of their macros are able to do what I need much quicker and easier. With ASD I mostly make connections manually because the macro isn't customizable enough. Also, Advance Steel has master/slave connections which would make my job so much easier.

At the moment, though, we're very busy and I don't have the time to learn a new program 😕

Message 3 of 14
talles.projetos
in reply to: Jianna

Hello Jianna,

Thanks, I'm thinking the same. I also did the 30-day trial and it was very good.

Message 4 of 14
elbeiser

Graitec Advance Steel and Concrete were bought by Autodesk. It was supposed to appear instead of ASD this year. But maybe that will be like usual.
Message 5 of 14
talles.projetos
in reply to: elbeiser

Hello Elbeiser,

Yes, but I wonder if Autodesk will sell Advence Steel along with Autocad. Or will sell with Revit (Example of the Suites). I do not know anything yet. Autodesk did not rule on the issue.
Message 6 of 14
elbeiser

Since the fiscal year ends in Graitec in January 31st 2014, maybe that
something new can appear with the suites in April 2014..

I hope.
Message 7 of 14
Jianna

When I spoke with Graitec they told me that they were still the resellers of Advance Steel and that they would still be the ones providing support for the program.

Message 8 of 14
kuber.lubana

Yes, Advance steel will be available in market through Autodesk from mid of this year. I am waiting for this product, as it is very difficult to get a trial version in India for this product. I am sure it will be more effective than ASD Steel as seen in the video tutorials. Integration with Revit will be great advantage !!!

Message 9 of 14
elbeiser
in reply to: kuber.lubana

The only useful task for Revit is to import from architects, isn't it?

Since drafting capacities are sucks, I don't see the benefits of the
software for structural engineers.

The question is if it will replace ASD in the suite or will be a new
product, that has to be purchased.
Message 10 of 14
elbeiser
in reply to: kuber.lubana

How do you know that a ready to use software, superior to ASD will be available at midyear 2014????

Message 11 of 14
FProcp
in reply to: elbeiser

It seems that Advance Steel is NOT included in this years (2014) Plant Design Suite so I guess it will have to be purchased on its own.

I love watching the following Youtube video. Advnce Steel seems so amazing. Can't wait to use it.

10 minute glance at Advance Steel - YouTube

Advance Steel

Franco
GMT +08:00
Message 12 of 14
johnjmbennett
in reply to: FProcp

To see what advance steel has to offer and access to free trial  got to the following page:

AutoDesk Advance Steel Overview

Also there is a link/plugin with Revit which enables the transfer of model from Advance Steel to Revit, Revit to Advance Steel: 

Advance Steel and Concrete Revit plug-in

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 13 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: johnjmbennett

there is a new dedicated forum for Advanced Steel now: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Advance-Steel/bd-p/2056

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 14
elbeiser
in reply to: FProcp

That is saying:

"After years of failed experiments like Revit Structure and ASD that lead to nothing; Autodesk took the decision of buying the competitors much better software.

Those who believed and supported Autodesk with their year after year upgrade for nothing are obliged now to buy Advance Steel and Advance Concrete".

We paid upgrades, courses, and wasted time.

Autodesk has framed us for years.

What should have to be an apology is again an offence to customers and users.

Shame on you Autodesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips