AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody knows how to use Imperial units for Formwork Detailing in ASD?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
engrshafiq1
1541 Views, 6 Replies

Anybody knows how to use Imperial units for Formwork Detailing in ASD?

How can i change my units in the job preferences dialog box from the drop-down list of work units to 'ft' or 'in'. The only available units in the list are m, cm & mm.

Also, provide information regarding any documentation from autodesk for ASD Formwork Detailing both in Imperial and metric units.

Regards
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ariss11
in reply to: engrshafiq1

Hi there,

you have to chang your UNIT SYSTEM in the project preference to imperial and vice versa...

have fun..

ciao
ab
Message 3 of 7
engrshafiq1

Thanks Dear ariss11

still i am unable to change units to imperial. If i start a new drawing with imperial units and change formwork unit through job preferences it still list downs metric unit. If you compare this with reinforcement module/ steel module, the job preference work unit clearly show imperial & metric units selection buttons. But in formwork detailing module the case is very much different.

can u send me a simple example file in ASD formwork - imperial unit for help.

Also please refer some help / guide / document for the subject matter.

regards
Message 4 of 7
dkwolek

Hi

Unfortunately ASD Formwork module doesn’t support Imperial Units system.
Can you tell me the reason why do you want to use Formwork module in imperial unit system?

Darek Edited by: dkwolek on Sep 10, 2009 5:51 AM

Dariusz Kwolek
Structural Product Manager
AEC Solutions
Message 5 of 7
crodriguez6054
in reply to: dkwolek

I can tell you why... which should be a no brainer... all of USA uses imperial units. An american made product that does not recognize imperial units is strange. My question to you is why doesn't it accept imperial units?  

To have the option to choose which units you would like to draw in should be standard in all construction programs.

Every day more and more items are leading to me find this program to be a complete waste of money.

Message 6 of 7
gary_matthews
in reply to: dkwolek

You have asked this before. You must be located outside the USA. We have only used Imperial for the 30+ years I have worked as a structural designer. I was very happy to see a replacement for Bentley Structural and amazed that SD was lacking Imperial units in just the formwork module. Can you explain why you don't see the need ? I had hoped Autodesk would be working on this but your question indicates otherwise. 

Message 7 of 7

When will we have Imperial units for Formwork Detailing in ASD?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips