AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Templates Via Objects Inspector

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tpham2001
1167 Views, 6 Replies

Adding Templates Via Objects Inspector

Hi All,

Hoping someone can show me the way.

In Object inspector under Position Tap, if you right-click on a position and select Attach Document a dialog box appeared with a list of templates you can choose from. How do I add or assign more templates to this dialog box?

Please see file attached.

When I right-click and select Attach Documents, the Select Tamplate dialog box appeared and only contain assembly tamplates. How do I add/assign ISO view tamplates to this list?

Thank-you,

Tee

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
talles.projetos
in reply to: tpham2001

Hello,

Do the steps given below. ok? You do this to assembly. ok?

solution.png

Message 3 of 7
zcsillag

Try thisIzo.png

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 4 of 7
tpham2001
in reply to: talles.projetos

Hi Talles,

Thank-you for response along with the attached image, this helps a lot.

Unfortunately, I tried your method and I still unable to add/assign additional tamplates in "Select Template" dialog box.

Tee.

Message 5 of 7
tpham2001
in reply to: zcsillag

Hi zcsillag,

Thank-you for your response along with attached image, this help a alot.

Now all I have to do is to this for all my tamplates, from detail -> assembly...

The attached image might be confusing for some, because I added ISO NW view after I ran "Automatic Drawings" and simply "Attach Document, then select Assembly again. But if I were to delete all the documents and runs "Automatic Drawings" again, I'm sure my ISO NW would be there.

Thank-you for the resolution.

Tee

Message 6 of 7
zcsillag

Make templates with ISO NW, not 3D user view 😛

When ur 3d modell top view, 3D user view same 😄

Izo.png

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 7 of 7
tpham2001
in reply to: zcsillag

I used Iso NW when I added view, my screen shot was an attempt to show that your method does works.

As I go thru my list of templates and adding ISO views as needed; I noticed I caould not do the same for Engineering Scheme. I can not add views to this template; have you run into this issue? Thus far, all my Engineering Scheme are shown in Top View; wouldn't it be clearer to show it in ISO view when you have transition from one floor plan to anther? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips