AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Reinforcements to ASD-Formwork

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
rajaspidey
1496 Views, 7 Replies

Adding Reinforcements to ASD-Formwork

Am a newbie to ASD. I was trying to learn how to use this software.

(Am a site engineer. Am trying to recreate the hard copy of the drawings given to me by structural engineer because he didn't have me the soft copy. I have to create BOM for the project. Am trying to use this software for this by creating what is given on paper then take quantities & BBS from it)

At first I created 3D model of the drawing I have using Formwork drawing tools. Now I have to add reinforcement to them. Please tell me how to do them.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
zcsillag
in reply to: rajaspidey

ASD Formwork Full bugg !

Use ASD Reinforcement (2D :S) or other software !

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 3 of 8
rajaspidey

Yea I lost all my vertical definitions for a while. Was confused why it happened. Tried to redefine but in drop down no planes were available. Tried everything & finally refresh drawing brought back definitions.

Somehow figured it out to export individual members to ASD-Reinforcement but it exports as column without rebars since I drew those on ASD - formwork.

I exported as auto rebar. It gives me only few options to define reinforcement. My project is heavy industrial building which has 1.6m square columns & 2.6m deep beams.
It isn't giving enought options to provide reinforcement as in hard copy I have.

I then tried **** - reinforcement seperately & it gave me options to define the stirrups in columns. But in 2D.

How could I draw an 3D building with rebars inside based on the hardcopy given to me.

I just want to use software to gake quantities for steel, concrete & shuttering area. If autocad can't do it suggest me other softwares that could do it.

Thank hod am trying trial version and hasn't bought the full version.
Message 4 of 8
zcsillag

For 3d reinforcement use adapted software (Revit, Advance Concrete, Tekla!!! or Nemetschek !!!)
Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 5 of 8
rajaspidey

Could I be able to draw 3D rebars & take Bar bending schedules from Advance Concrete ??
Message 6 of 8
zcsillag

Yes @ sorry for delay

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 7 of 8
rajaspidey

Can I do the same in Revit Structure ? I haven't seen QTO options in Revit tho
Message 8 of 8
rajaspidey

I ll try advance concrete. If it doesn't suits me I ll go for others. My main requirement is not 3D it's creating bar bending schedule & quantity.

Kudos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips