AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About user defined profiles

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
yahukec
3019 Views, 10 Replies

About user defined profiles

I need to add some special profiles of steel structure according to some specification that is not supported by ASD now. It is easy to add them. But when I create connection with my profile, most of types fail. And only one can create connection.But the connection is still not right.It is very ridiculous(see attach). When i use profiles supported by ASD, the connection will be right.So,I think I should create my own profile database. But I don't know how to do. Please help me ! thanks!
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
EmilKrumov7926
in reply to: yahukec

Just don't use the provided "stock" connections - do them manually - dril holes, welds, put bolts... etc.. All by hand.

Message 3 of 11
edugarge

Have you found any solution?

I'm interested about manipulating databases (profiles, materiales...)

I will investigating everything I could for the next two weeks.

Maybe we could share information and results.

Message 4 of 11
edugarge
in reply to: edugarge

I have found a solution!

The profiles’ databases are in C:/Program/Data/Autodesk/Structural/Common Data/2011/Data/Prof. One .XML for each database. I have duplicated one of them, deleted all the profiles and added my own type with a simple notepad.
It works fine!
ASD reads the new file as a database… the file’s name must be <name>pro.xml where <name> is the name you want to use for the database.

Here we are talking about the same http://forums.augi.com/built-to-last/viewthread/661/

Message 5 of 11
Tony_Gibbs

Hi

I've been playing with the data bases and are having good success

I may be able to help you

Message 6 of 11
Tony_Gibbs

Do you Know if USER PARTS can be welded to members and can you get them to appear in your shop drawings??

Message 7 of 11
shafin_42
in reply to: Tony_Gibbs

Hi Tony,

I need help in creating user defined profiles. Please help me in details about the procedure. I have craeted user defined profiles by using user part in tool option and it works, but those user defined sections have no mass or thickness.

ASD_1.jpg

Message 8 of 11
Tony_Gibbs
in reply to: shafin_42

If you can send me the  XML file that has this profile you created i will edit it and show you what i do

tony

Message 9 of 11
shafin_42
in reply to: Tony_Gibbs

Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot for your response. I have created a 1200*500 RHS section with thickness 25mm by creating region, and with the option of saving profile "inDatabase", I have saved the profile with the name"RHS" in "AISC2" database and saved it. I have opened the Aisc2.xml file from C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2012\Data\Prof, but i couldn't find the saved RHS profile there. see the images....asd_2.JPG

ASD_3.jpg

Do you know where can I find the required xml file? I would be glad to hear more suggestions from you.

Thanks

Message 10 of 11
Tony_Gibbs
in reply to: shafin_42

Generally the profile will save in an xml file called "ruser.xml" try this file and see if you can find the saved profile. It should be in the same place as the other xml you mentioned but it could also be in your USER/APP DATA/AUTODESK/STRUCTURAL

Give this a go andd let me know

Regards

Tony

Message 11 of 11
rajendra_044

hi Tony,

I have a problem in creating  a user section. I want to create an I section with top & bottom flange 200mm X 20mm, and Web 560mmX10mm. Can you kindly help me in creating the user section by entering the data in xml format? If possible kindly explain in detail what all things to be entered manually in the xml sheet.

thanks a lot for the help.

rajendra

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips