AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Model drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dreato
569 Views, 2 Replies

3D Model drawing

Hallo
Who of yours how to know to create a 3d model drawing with ASD Steel. I had found the option to create a schema but this schema is only in one view. I need drawings of my 3d model of all views.
I hope anbody can help me.
Thanks Edited by: dreato on Aug 27, 2009 12:55 PM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
neil.fernandes
in reply to: dreato

Hi Dreato,

I am not sure if I understood you correctly. I believe you have create a steel model and need to create an isometric drawing?

In ASD Steel module. start the group command[Groups panel]. Select all the steel objects you need and press ENTER. Input the name for this group and ENTER. If you did this correctly. In object Inspector, Position Tab you will see the group listed with same name. Select it & right Click and select Attach Documents. You get a new dialog box allowing you to select type of drawings. here you have various options for isometric drawing position and scale.

If you were askin to create a 3D model steel structure, then you need to use commands like workframe, profile, plates, connections, etc...
read the getting started guide that can be downloaded from Autodesk website: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=13111928

Hope this is helpful.
Regards,
NEIL
Message 3 of 3
dreato
in reply to: dreato

thank you for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips