AutoCAD Raster Design Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my TFW (TIFF World File format) wrong?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bj9709
895 Views, 1 Reply

Why are my TFW (TIFF World File format) wrong?

I have an aerial image placed in a construction drawing using AutoCAD 08. The coordinates and position of the image were set and in placed by our aerial processing crew (yes, the coordinates are correct - I triple checked their work). The master image is HUGE (705mb) and too hefty for most of our designers to open and work with. I used Raster 08 to crop the image to a dozen or so tiled images surrounding the Client's project sites, polygon clipped the frame to hide the "empty" imagery, then exported the images to new folder location and file name. After this, I exported the World File to the same image folder and name (*.TFW of course). When trying to insert the images into Map 04, the image scale and coordinate location are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!
What am I or the Program doing wrong? What can I do to fix this problem?
HELP!!!
ps. Thanks for all your help. Brett
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: bj9709

World Files are dumb... they don't contain any unit information. Export your cropped image to GeoTIFF if you want proper
correlation.

Matt

wrote in message news:6070193@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have an aerial image placed in a construction drawing using AutoCAD 08. The coordinates and position of the image were set and in
placed by our aerial processing crew (yes, the coordinates are correct - I triple checked their work). The master image is HUGE
(705mb) and too hefty for most of our designers to open and work with. I used Raster 08 to crop the image to a dozen or so tiled
images surrounding the Client's project sites, polygon clipped the frame to hide the "empty" imagery, then exported the images to
new folder location and file name. After this, I exported the World File to the same image folder and name (*.TFW of course). When
trying to insert the images into Map 04, the image scale and coordinate location are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! What am I or the Program
doing wrong? What can I do to fix this problem? HELP!!! ps. Thanks for all your help. Brett

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost