Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow performance in 2005

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
280 Views, 6 Replies

Very slow performance in 2005

Im am having problems with my RasterDesign 2005 installation. The performance is poor.
I only work with bitonal images, and even when setting Quality to Draft, it runs very slow. Zoom and Pan commands are very slow. I also tested a despeckle operation which on a 2004 installation took 2 sec. On my 2005 installation it took 38 sec.
Are there others having these same problems???
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Loading raster images into Map3D with RD2005 is now much slower than it was with the previous releases. There are also bugs with loading images with some coordinate conversions (Oregon GIS Lambert is just one example), and saving images transformed to a new coordinate system with a new name over-writes the original .tfw file even when the save-as file name has been changed. I didn't upgrade until after the release of service pack 1, so I expected better. I'd say this was a premature release. "jetnti" wrote in message news:26858415.1091517868259.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Im am having problems with my RasterDesign 2005 installation. The performance is poor. > I only work with bitonal images, and even when setting Quality to Draft, it runs very slow. Zoom and Pan commands are very slow. I also tested a despeckle operation which on a 2004 installation took 2 sec. On my 2005 installation it took 38 sec. > Are there others having these same problems???
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

"jetnti" wrote in message news:26858415.1091517868259.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Im am having problems with my RasterDesign 2005 installation. The performance is poor. > I only work with bitonal images, and even when setting Quality to Draft, it runs very slow. Zoom and Pan commands are very slow. I also tested a despeckle operation which on a 2004 installation took 2 sec. On my 2005 installation it took 38 sec. > Are there others having these same problems??? I've having the same problem. We just rolled out RD 2005 to about 25 staff members and they've been complaining all day about the abysmal performance of RD 2005 with bitonal TIFFs (1 MB or so). Performance of images in Map 3D 2005 is passable (a little slower than 04), but when RD 2005 gets loaded, ugh, it takes 10x longer to pan and zoom. The performance is unacceptable. I'm wondering if we should rollback to 2004 for now... I've tried the most up-to-date WHQL certified video drivers for my card (nVidia), and chaging my BPP settings (16b, 32b), and nothing helps bring it back to the performance level we saw with RD 2004. Here is a bug for Autodesk to chew on. Start Map3D + RD 2005, have an bitonal TIF image loaded in the background. Go into RD's options panel, and change the amount of memory limit, and hit OK. Pan and BAM autodesk map disappears. No fatal error, just disappears. -Anthony
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi guys... A few thoughts on slow performance and crashing... - Of course keep IMAGEQUALITY set to Draft in each drawing - Try setting Image > Options > Memory > memory limit = 0. I've seen this speed things up and prevent some types of crashes. 0 lets the image engine decide how much system memory to use. It doesnt always like it when you make a choice against it's will. :) -If you crash when changing the memory limit, you could use REGEDIT to delete this setting (So it uses the default value) HKCU\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R16.1\ACAD-301:409\Applications\AeciIbApi\Options\MemoryLimit -Also, make sure that AutoCAD Tools > Options > System > Current 3D Graphics Display is set to "GSHEIDI10", and in Properties, that it's set to "Software Acceleration". (If your video card installed AutoCAD Specific HDI drivers you can TRY them, but I've found that it's not as stable as the default drivers.) - And make sure the issue is not related to drawing corruption or other factors... Test with a completely NEW drawing to see if the same thing happens. Chris "jetnti" wrote in message news:26858415.1091517868259.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Im am having problems with my RasterDesign 2005 installation. The > performance is poor. > I only work with bitonal images, and even when setting Quality to Draft, > it runs very slow. Zoom and Pan commands are very slow. I also tested a > despeckle operation which on a 2004 installation took 2 sec. On my 2005 > installation it took 38 sec. > Are there others having these same problems???
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi, We are collecting datasets in the interest of investigating performance issues. Would you be willing to post some images that you are having trouble with to customer files for review and testing? If so, please post the files to customer files (news://discussion.autodesk.com/autodesk.autocad.customer-files) and reply directly to me with the title of the customer files post. Thank you! Jonathan Golubiewski Autodesk Product Support Land.Civil.Survey "jetnti" wrote in message news:26858415.1091517868259.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Im am having problems with my RasterDesign 2005 installation. The performance is poor. > I only work with bitonal images, and even when setting Quality to Draft, it runs very slow. Zoom and Pan commands are very slow. I also tested a despeckle operation which on a 2004 installation took 2 sec. On my 2005 installation it took 38 sec. > Are there others having these same problems???
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I have the problems Anthony is describing. I want to add to the list miserable display of bitonal images in high mode when RD is loaded. The extreme anti-aliasing muddies an otherwise crisp display. I can't imaging showing onscreen work to a client... I am going to continue to run 2004 until these performance problems are fixed and I am going to reevaluate our testing procedures for upgrading based on lessons learned from 2005 products.
James
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I am pleased to announce that Autodesk Raster Design 2005 Hot Fix 2 is now available at the following location: DL4763892 Autodesk Raster Design 2005 Hot Fix 2 http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL4763892 This update addresses the following issues: 1. Faster image pan and zoom. This update will significantly improve the panning and zooming speeds for all image types 2. Ability to save images when demand loaded. This update will allow images to be saved, if Raster Design was demand loaded after a drawing with images was opened. 3. Plot stability. This update makes image plotting more stable. Jonathan Golubiewski Autodesk Product Support Land.Civil.Survey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost