Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
karl
385 Views, 7 Replies

Uninstall Problem

Like the other 2005 uninstall topic, I also made the mistake of removing LDD 2005 first and now can no longer access or remove Raster design. I have uninstalled LDD, and then tried to repair or remove Raster, but I have been unsuccessful. I read the other topic, but am unsure as to what is meant by "image" Basically I need some instruction on how to remove and reinstallt Raster Design. The error I am receiving is "Error 25001. Unknown error.... Please contact Product Support.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: karl

What they did in the previous post, is to reinstall LDD and do a repair of Raster. After that, you can uninstall Raster Design and then uninstall LDD. There is another way to do it, but it is more complicated and I am not sure is worth the effort. If you have problems with the first solution, let me know and I'll try to put something together so that you can clean your machine from Raster Design. However, this will not ensure you are cleaning-up every file. Thanks, -- Isaac Rodriguez SW Enginieer - Autodesk ---------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't. "widewaterconsulting" wrote in message news:7437007.1084447526723.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Like the other 2005 uninstall topic, I also made the mistake of removing LDD 2005 first and now can no longer access or remove Raster design. I have uninstalled LDD, and then tried to repair or remove Raster, but I have been unsuccessful. I read the other topic, but am unsure as to what is meant by "image" Basically I need some instruction on how to remove and reinstallt Raster Design. The error I am receiving is "Error 25001. Unknown error.... Please contact Product Support.
Message 3 of 8
karl

I did reinstall LLD twice. When I load Raster Design CD to the install, and then click install, the error message comes up. I cant even get to chosse whether to clean and fix or reinstall the software.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Ok, The following steps will fake your machine to think Raster Design has been uninstalled, and we will clean-up some files. Please, follow the instructions: - Go to the Raster Design install directory. The default path is c:\Program Files\Raster Design 2005. - Delete all the files in that folder (unless you have some data created in it, which you will want to back-up first). - Extract the .zip file I posted to your desktop. - Double click ARD2005_zap.bat. This script will remove all the entries from Add-Remove Programs and it will fake the Windows Installer to think that Raster Design 2005 has been un-installed. NOTE: This will not remove shared and data files or registry entries that are created by the installer. It should not do any harm to your computer, but there will be files that will stay on your machine. -- Isaac Rodriguez SW Enginieer - Autodesk ---------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't. "widewaterconsulting" wrote in message news:7932393.1084794563501.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > I did reinstall LLD twice. When I load Raster Design CD to the install, and then click install, the error message comes up. I cant even get to chosse whether to clean and fix or reinstall the software.
Message 5 of 8
elally2

Isaac, I have the indentical problem from the identical cause. i uninstalled autodesk 2005 before uninstalling raster design 2005. RD will not install or uninstall. the error message is 25001. I deleted files as you suggested. i had already deleted all the R/Dfiles in my registry applied your file and RD disappeared from add/remove. But RD still flags the same error and will not initialize. To check the platform, i installed inventor and it went in normally. any ideas?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. You went through all the steps cleaning the machine, but you still get the same error? What are you trying to do after you cleaned your machine. Once you deleted the files and run the utility to remove the application from Add-Remove, there is nothing else you need to do. Thanks, -- Isaac Rodriguez SW Enginieer - Autodesk ---------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't. "elally2" wrote in message news:4570174.1085605282466.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Isaac, I have the indentical problem from the identical cause. i uninstalled autodesk 2005 before uninstalling raster design 2005. RD will not install or uninstall. the error message is 25001. I deleted files as you suggested. i had already deleted all the R/Dfiles in my registry applied your file and RD disappeared from add/remove. But RD still flags the same error and will not initialize. To check the platform, i installed inventor and it went in normally. any ideas?
Message 7 of 8
kjWellsInc

I am having the same error message. Could you also provide me with the same zip file. I would like to give that a try.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

The file you want is attached to the message you replied to. -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator kjWellsInc wrote: > I am having the same error message. Could you also provide me with > the same zip file. I would like to give that a try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost