Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tiff world files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
abelski
347 Views, 3 Replies

tiff world files

When I export tiffs, the world file comes out as a .tpd file and the file name is some random generated format. I've found a work around to rename to the appropriate name, but is this a bug or is something new going on?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: abelski

What version of RD or CadOverlay? -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator loupis wrote: > When I export tiffs, the world file comes out as a .tpd file and the file name is some random generated format. I've found a work around to rename to the appropriate name, but is this a bug or is something new going on?
Message 3 of 4
abelski

why 2005 of course - it wouldn't export at all without crashing in 2004
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

- The only time I've seen export crash is when the resulting file would have been over 2 gigs. (a 300 mb SID or ECW file exported to BMP or TIF could easily be larger than that) The 2 gig limit was fixed for 2005. (nice going Jeff!) - Use IWORLDOUT to create the World file if you don't need to completely re-write the image in a different format. - Yes, it seems that in ARD2005, world file extensions are being created wrong if the original image file extension isn't 3 characters long... .jpg = .jgw .jpeg = .jpe (but should be .jgw) .tif = .tfw .tiff = .tif (but should be .tfw) It should always be in this format: .[first letter of ext][last letter of ext] Chris "loupis" wrote in message news:31639029.1086559857461.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > why 2005 of course - it wouldn't export at all without crashing in 2004

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost