Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing images

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
209 Views, 3 Replies

Storing images

What is the best way to store images, store them to your computers hard drive, on your company's network, etc.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You should never store data on a drive that isn't routinely backed up, which almost always precludes local hard drives. If you're referring to a temporary working copy for performance issues - it might be quicker from a local drive, depending on hardware and network performance. Try it - post your results, I'd be interested for one. "gduplessis" wrote in message news:30410442.1085411679595.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > What is the best way to store images, store them to your computers hard drive, on your company's network, etc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply.

I am referring to long term issues. Due to the nature of the types of drawings we do. I have multiple images per drawing. If I have an image attached to a particular drawing, should the image and world file be stored on the network. Because of the size of the images, storage becomes an issue.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

It depends on your backup routine. Most places don't bother backing up local hard drives, only network drives. If your local drive is remotely backed up regularly I think that would be fine for image storage. The cost of a new drive for storage is way, way less than the costs of losing data to fire/theft/failure etc. (lost time/clients/contracts...) "gduplessis" wrote in message news:9951520.1085686991462.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks for your reply. > > I am referring to long term issues. Due to the nature of the types of drawings we do. I have multiple images per drawing. If I have an image attached to a particular drawing, should the image and world file be stored on the network. Because of the size of the images, storage becomes an issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost