Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*.sid images won't transform

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
378 Views, 7 Replies

*.sid images won't transform

I am having a problem transforming *.sid images (during the insert command) since upgrading to RD 2005. When I choose the image to insert, the bounding box is shown on the screen, it moves when I choose my image coordinate system, same as it used to, but now when I click ok to insert the image, the command line says "Performing Coordinate Transformation" and then nothing gets inserted. If I go to the image manager, nothing shows up there, it is like the command dies in the middle of the process. I can insert a *.sid file with no transformation, and I can transform other image type (Tiff, Jpg, etc.). Is this a bug, or is this a something that is intended to be an "improvement"? thanks for any help.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

On Fri, 14 May 2004 10:39:07 -0500, "Kevin" wrote: >I am having a problem transforming *.sid images (during the insert command) >since upgrading to RD 2005. When I choose the image to insert, the bounding >box is shown on the screen, it moves when I choose my image coordinate >system, same as it used to, but now when I click ok to insert the image, the >command line says "Performing Coordinate Transformation" and then nothing >gets inserted. If I go to the image manager, nothing shows up there, it is >like the command dies in the middle of the process. I can insert a *.sid >file with no transformation, and I can transform other image type (Tiff, >Jpg, etc.). Is this a bug, or is this a something that is intended to be an >"improvement"? Yes, this is a bug. Thanks for reporting it. Phil Daley
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Phil, Some additional info as I am having this problem also. Networked, side-by-side install w/LDT2004, civil, survey, raster on both 2004 & 2005, running on XPpro. Applied the contents of the readme file prior to install. Everything worked on 2004, insert, transform, finish and the image is there. I saved the dwg and opened in 2005, the image is there. Try to insert the next image, exactly the same results as Kevin. The one thing that comes to mind is the readme path info. Are users supposed to add the RD file path info in 2004 and remove the path for RD in the environment variables? I'll probably try that in the a.m. if I don't see anything else here by then. Thanks for your time, Pat "Phil Daley" wrote in message news:ppuha0dnu2m7pp1imgdlhcpeshnm58rvlk@4ax.com... > On Fri, 14 May 2004 10:39:07 -0500, "Kevin" > wrote: > > >I am having a problem transforming *.sid images (during the insert command) > >since upgrading to RD 2005. When I choose the image to insert, the bounding > >box is shown on the screen, it moves when I choose my image coordinate > >system, same as it used to, but now when I click ok to insert the image, the > >command line says "Performing Coordinate Transformation" and then nothing > >gets inserted. If I go to the image manager, nothing shows up there, it is > >like the command dies in the middle of the process. I can insert a *.sid > >file with no transformation, and I can transform other image type (Tiff, > >Jpg, etc.). Is this a bug, or is this a something that is intended to be an > >"improvement"? > > Yes, this is a bug. Thanks for reporting it. > Phil Daley
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:28:32 -0400, "Pat Trudeau" wrote: >Some additional info as I am having this problem also. Networked, >side-by-side install w/LDT2004, civil, survey, raster on both 2004 & 2005, >running on XPpro. Applied the contents of the readme file prior to install. >Everything worked on 2004, insert, transform, finish and the image is there. >I saved the dwg and opened in 2005, the image is there. Try to insert the >next image, exactly the same results as Kevin. > >The one thing that comes to mind is the readme path info. Are users >supposed to add the RD file path info in 2004 and remove the path for RD in >the environment variables? I'll probably try that in the a.m. if I don't >see anything else here by then. It is unclear to me what you are referring to. I looked in the readme.hlp and could see nothing about paths. If you have installed both Raster Design 2004 and 2005, you should have both installations in your PATH variable. Phil Daley
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Phil, The idea was just a shot in the dark using the LDT 2005 installation issues readme. Pat "Phil Daley" wrote in message news:bt7ka0t75s88t13f5lufpvrrkk20th0lk6@4ax.com... > It is unclear to me what you are referring to. I looked in the > readme.hlp and could see nothing about paths. > If you have installed both Raster Design 2004 and 2005, you should > have both installations in your PATH variable. > Phil Daley
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Phil & others, You can do the insert, click on frames only, then run through the dialogues. The frame will insert and stay. Pick the frame, right-click, pick the image menu, select show and the image shows up. Hope this helps Pat >
Message 7 of 8
matt.howard

We have recently begun to have this problem on both machines running RD2005. This problem has been intermittent. So I have a few questions:

1. Is this issue being addressed?

2. Inserting by frames only does not always work, does anyone have any other suggestions?
Message 8 of 8
matt.howard

Another work around we have found is insert the image and then press the undo button twice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost