Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RD 2009 Install issue

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tom_berning
364 Views, 8 Replies

RD 2009 Install issue

I have installed RD 2009 on Civil 3D 2009 and Land Desktop 2009. When another user logs into the PC and starts Civil 3D 2009, it starts the installer for Civil 3D, then it starts an installer for Raster Design. I then get an error stating that acad.exe is running. If I cancel to this window, then the RD installer starts each time I start Civil 3D. Also the RD installer seems to have stoped the Civil 3D installer from finishing because I get some errors when I start Civil 3D. If I use the Raster Design 2009 on Civil 3D 2009 icon, I get the following error Entry Point Not Found. The procedure entry point ?shpset@@YAHNNPBNNNHPANNPAVAcGIWorldDraw@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library acdb17.dll. The raster design toolbar return unknown commands. If this user tries to start Land Desktop using the LDT icon or the Raster Design on LDT icon, it starts LDT but there is no sign of Raster Design.

For the user that was logged in when the software was installed, the software works just fine.

I have the Update 1 installed for Civil 3D and LDT and service pack 1 installed for Raster Design.

Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Civil 3D 2020
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
BigJamoke
in reply to: tom_berning

Did you get this issue resolved? I'm getting the same error (Entry Point Not Found) after installing RD2009 over Map3D. I've installed SP1 to no avail.

Map runs fine and but I get the error when trying to start RD.

Thanks,
Jim
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

That error indicates you have incompatible Map3D and Raster Design
versions. Did you install both SP1 versions?

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:40:00 +0000, jim.reynolds@magellanlp.com <>
wrote:

>Did you get this issue resolved? I'm getting the same error (Entry Point Not Found) after installing RD2009 over Map3D. I've installed SP1 to no avail.
>
>Map runs fine and but I get the error when trying to start RD.
>
>Thanks,
>Jim

Phil Daley
Message 4 of 9
BigJamoke

Yes, I've installed both SP1's and still get the error.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
Message 5 of 9
tom_berning

The reply I got from subscription support is that this is a known issue and they are working on it for a future service pack. My temporary solution is to not install SP1 for Raster Design.
Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Civil 3D 2020
Message 6 of 9
BigJamoke

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Message 7 of 9
BigJamoke

Nope, that does not work either.

I tried it with SP's not installed, Map3D SP1 installed but not RD SP1 and with both SP1's installed. Nothing. I've got almost an entire day's worth of time so far trying to get something to work that should work the first time. Needless to say, very frustrating!

Here's the kicker - We have a subscription (that is current) and I tried to log a support request with Autodesk and their freakin' web site doesn't work (no products show up in the required products listing field and there is no way to contact them directly. Again, very frustrating. I guess I'll call my dealer and ask him to contact support for me.

Thanks for you help
Jim
Message 8 of 9
pcchenard

I am having similar but different issues with Raster Design 2009 SP1 running on Land Desktop 2009 SP1.
Message 9 of 9
BigJamoke

Check to ensure that the paths are correct after the RD install. Mine was installed on a machine that already had 2008 on it and the 2009 install program did not change the RD paths from the 2008 folders to the 2009 folder. This resulted in RD trying to use the 2008 DLL's with the 2009 program.

Once I updated the paths, it worked like a charm.

Good luck,
Jim

BTW - This was an Autodesk suggested "fix". They are aware that the install program does not always update the paths correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost