Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster Image(TIff file) Lightning

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1025 Views, 5 Replies

Raster Image(TIff file) Lightning

I was working on a project which wants to add stuff on to their existing hand drafted dwgs. So we scanned them and converted to tiff files and add stuff to that. Now their want to differentiate between new and old equipment all they want is lighten the existing one. So I tried auto cad transparency it doesn't work then I tried REM(Transparency) it worked but, the whole raster image turned too lite. I was wondering if they have any commands to make raster image light or dark and play with it to make look good. I also tired with properties of raster image but doesn’t look good.
I would really appreciate if some one help me with this issue.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

With using Raster, you have 2 different options. You can use the "Image Adjust" (select image then rightclick--->image--->adjust) to adjust the brightness, contrast and fade or you can use "Histogram" (image--->image processing--->histogram) to modify additional color options.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

And you can select a portion of the image to adjust. You don't have
to adjust the entire image.

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:44:11 +0000, ErikR <> wrote:

>With using Raster, you have 2 different options. You can use the "Image Adjust" (select image then rightclick--->image--->adjust) to adjust the brightness, contrast and fade or you can use "Histogram" (image--->image processing--->histogram) to modify additional color options.

Phil Daley
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Just for additional clarification....
Histogram - can be applied to partial or complete image
Adjust - complete image only
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for replying, but Histogram is only for color or grayscale images not for tiff or cal files and when I am using Adjust option it say Bitonal images cannot be adjusted.
I don't know what to do now please help me out.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

It has been a long time since I used a Bitonal images so I'm not sure about them but as for the Histogram command not working with TIF files, that is not true. I use histogram with Tifs at least a few times a week, it must be because your image is Bitonal. As I said, it's been a while since I worked with Bitoanl images so excuse me if I'm wrong but here is a quick thing to try. Make sure the image is on it's own layer. Have the image color set to Bylayer then change the color of the layer the image is on to red. Did the image become red? If so, play with variations of grey or light colors until the image is light enough so still be seen in the background but dark enough for it to plot/print.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost