Did you mean: 

Raster Design 2013 on Standalone Workstations

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tomg
3880 Views, 7 Replies

Raster Design 2013 on Standalone Workstations

We have several workstations running ARD 2013 in conjuction with Ciivil 3D 2013. On all  stations ARD works as expected for the administrator account. However, none of the user accounts on any workstation display the Raster Design splash screen on startup. Additionally, commands such as Polyline Follower give error messages pertaining to missing DLL's and unrecognized commands.

Investigation reveals that the following folder exists in the administrative account but is missung in the user account.

C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD Raster Design 2013.

Alos,  the user account Support File Search Path (in Options)  has no reference to raster design\2013 or to raster\design 2013\help.

Again, our stations are standalone.

Tom

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: tomg

Add the two support paths that I posted in the attachment on the C3D NG. Once those support paths are both recognized by Raster Design, the commands should be recognized.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
tomg
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Okay, that works.  But there still is a mising reference in the user account that exists in the administrator account. If has to do with pf files - image paletts. See the attachment.

I'm the IT guy so I don't know what image paletts do. If the users need them I will probably have to add yhe info shown in the attachment.

Tom

Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE

I can't open that doc and would feel a bit safer opening a jpg or png (Hit Print screen button and paste into Microsoft Paint).

I would go into the control panel and perform a repair of the raster design install.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
tomg

Sorry about that. A png is attached.

The AutoCAD Raster 2013 entry is not present in any Standard user folder.. It only appears in the Administrative user folder.

If they ever need the pf files, I have to figure out how to make the available.

Tom

Message 6 of 8
jmayo-EE

Did you try the repair?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
tomg

Yes. It works fine except for what I have just noted.

Thank you,

Tom

Message 8 of 8
madchenCAD

Hello jmayo

I'm having a reccurent crash within working raster design; command vfcontour; vectorising polylines; every single time, at the 3/5 action the Autocad shuts down and the actions are lost.

I tried the operation in several computers, in several drawings, with autocad updates, but always with the same .TIFF data and it crashes .

note: the versions used currently is from 2015

I appreciate any tip !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost