Did you mean: 

Raster Design 2012

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
snakerancher
5916 Views, 17 Replies

Raster Design 2012

When will Raster Design 2012 be deployed? It's hard to upgrade AutoCAD without Raster.
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
jmayo-EE
in reply to: snakerancher

Those who know...

It was released last year on Jul 18 09 as per my Subscription page. I do believe that was a late release date for the product. 2009 was released on April 20 08 so hopefully wee'll see it soon.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 18
jbadke

It really didn't look like there was much of a change from Raster 2010 to 2011 other than Windows 7 support and the ability to run it with the 2011 product series. Does anyone know if Raster 2011 will run with Civil 3D 2012? I haven't tried as of yet.

We use Raster extensively and as such upgrading Civil 3D is pointless until Raster will run along side of it - that meant waiting on last years Civil 3D upgrade 3 months.

Message 4 of 18
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jbadke

I believe moving to the 64 bit environment (Win 7 support) was an issue that held it back. 

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 18
snakerancher
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I've been using 64 bit for a while now, doubt that's it.

Message 6 of 18
jmayo-EE

There has been one 64 bit version of RD to date, RD 2011. 64 bit Autocad has been out for a few years. A 32 bit version of RD for 64 bit OS's have been previously released.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 18
snakerancher
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I just think it's crap that we pay for a subscription renewal and get all the products but Raster Design. A good majority of our work is with Raster Design, which means I can't deploy the new version of AutoCAD until the new version of Raster Design is released. Anyone know when Raster Design 2012 will be released?
Message 8 of 18
Ahatz

Autodesk just informed us that it's at least 30 days out Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 18
wfberry
in reply to: Ahatz

It should hit the July Target date pretty close!!

<G>

Bill

Message 10 of 18
snakerancher
in reply to: wfberry

With the new products being out for almost a month now, it's like getting a really cool Christmas present and having to wait for the rest of it to show up before you can play with it.
Message 11 of 18
parkr4st

RD 2012 arrived via download this a.m.  loaded it up.  so far won't iinsert a 25066 kb MrSid without crashing Map3D 2012 and after using mapiinsert command to load the sid I tried to save the image to jpg. it crashed at 54% saved.  SOSDD!

dave

Message 12 of 18
snakerancher
in reply to: parkr4st

Dave, I loaded a 2MB JP2 with no problem using raster. I usually use the data connect to attach image files. Not sure what the issue is, what are your machine specs?
Message 13 of 18
mohl

Has anyone tried to build a 64 bit deployment package for Raster Design 2012?  I get to the point where I enter the configuration name, Admin image path, target platform and installation settings.  As soon as I have them set, I click on Next and get the error "Error 1723.  There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.  A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run.  Contact your support personnel or package vendor."  After I click OK to the message, I get "Fatal error during installation.  #2178: failed to run AdskExecuteSequence.".  Clicking OK to that error gives me "Failed to initialize AutoCAD Raster Design 2012".  After these 3 errors, it takes me back to the configuration screen, but is locked up and I need to use Task manager to kill the process. 

Help please?

Message 14 of 18
mohl
in reply to: mohl

In addition to the above post, I tried to re-download the raster package and ended up with the same result.  The 32 bit version builds without issue. 

I've been building these packages on a Windows 7 32 bit PC and my 64 bit versions of AutoCAD, Map3D and LT all built without issue.

Message 15 of 18
parkr4st

snakerancher

Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) D  CPU 2.66GHz, 2654 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)  32 bit
ATI Firepro V5800(FireGL) video w/3 monitors

redundant 1t HDs

4 GB ram/3 available to Map3d 

WIN 7 PRo  SP 1

Map3d2012

RD2012

dave

Message 16 of 18
jmayo-EE

I get the same behaivor. I can build a 32 bit deployment but not a 64 bit. I get the same FE #2178.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 17 of 18
jmayo-EE

You cannot create a 64 bit deployment from a 32 bit machine. Run setup from a 64 bit client (Run as Administrator) and save the deployment to the network location of your choice.

This tip came from Subscription Support and I am up and running.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 18 of 18

Trabalho com imagens de projeto de ruas na prefeitura municipal de curitiba. Separo em camadas preto e vermelha. A camada preta nunca mudo por isso fica com o cadeado fechado. A camada vermelha é a que preciso vetorizar, apagar. Mas quando uso a ferramenta "remove", fica uma mancha preta. Sempre deu certo, mas desde que foi feita atualização para o Rasterdesign 2012, não consigo apagar a imagem sem aparecer esta mancha. Segue um anexo com o problema. Desde já agradeço a ajuda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost