Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mr Sid Coordinate Issue

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
KeniMike
876 Views, 10 Replies

Mr Sid Coordinate Issue

I'm downloading Mr. Sid files from the following location.
http://www.tnris.state.tx.us/degquadupdate.cfm?DegreeQuad=CLODINE

The SDW is in UTM 15 Meters

My map is in TX-SC Feet

When I use the Raster Design Insert command and after walking through the Insertion Wizard prompts and hit Finish, there is a quick flick of the screen and no raster image inserted.

Hitting F2 shows me only the following happened prior to the command prompt coming back into place???

Command: Performing Coordinate System Transformation....
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
robert.b.murray
in reply to: KeniMike

This is apparently a bug in the coordinate transform utility. I get the same results trying to insert images with translation from Oregon GIS to NAD27. Some transformations work, ie NAD83 to NAD27. I talked to my dealer about the problem, he had the same results using a different transform. The dealer's tech support contacted Autodesk and is still awaiting a solution (its been about ten days since I last talked to dealer tech support).
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

On the first screen of the insert command there is a checkbox for show frames only. Try it with that box checked. If the frame comes in you can select it, right-click, go to the image flyout, and show. This has helped me in the past. Pat "KeniMike" wrote in message news:11246720.1091825513623.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I'm downloading Mr. Sid files from the following location. > http://www.tnris.state.tx.us/degquadupdate.cfm?DegreeQuad=CLODINE > > The SDW is in UTM 15 Meters > > My map is in TX-SC Feet > > When I use the Raster Design Insert command and after walking through the Insertion Wizard prompts and hit Finish, there is a quick flick of the screen and no raster image inserted. > > Hitting F2 shows me only the following happened prior to the command prompt coming back into place??? > > > > Command: Performing Coordinate System Transformation....
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

If you have Map, try to use the Map menu to insert the image instead of Raster Design commands. This should do the conversion. John Mayo "KeniMike" wrote in message news:11246720.1091825513623.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I'm downloading Mr. Sid files from the following location. > http://www.tnris.state.tx.us/degquadupdate.cfm?DegreeQuad=CLODINE > > The SDW is in UTM 15 Meters > > My map is in TX-SC Feet > > When I use the Raster Design Insert command and after walking through the Insertion Wizard prompts and hit Finish, there is a quick flick of the screen and no raster image inserted. > > Hitting F2 shows me only the following happened prior to the command prompt coming back into place??? > > > > Command: Performing Coordinate System Transformation....
Message 5 of 11
KeniMike

Thank you all for your replies,
This is a mess!!! My thought was the NAD 83 to NAD 27 was the problem... so I dropped the aerials into UTM NAD83 FT last Friday... and today that doesn't even work?!? The frames suggestion solved one problem... it shut down AutoCAD the minute I clicked on insert... saving me a trip to Task Manager to close out a locked up AutoCAD!!! Again thank you all for your time... Autodesk??? jump in anytime...
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Don't hold your breath Mike. These NG's are peer support. No one at Autodesk is required to help here. John "KeniMike" wrote in message news:8061711.1092061486576.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thank you all for your replies, > This is a mess!!! My thought was the NAD 83 to NAD 27 was the problem... so I dropped the aerials into UTM NAD83 FT last Friday... and today that doesn't even work?!? The frames suggestion solved one problem... it shut down AutoCAD the minute I clicked on insert... saving me a trip to Task Manager to close out a locked up AutoCAD!!! Again thank you all for your time... Autodesk??? jump in anytime...
Message 7 of 11
KeniMike

They're reading them John...
They seem not to reply when it's an out and out bug!!!
But at least it finds it's way to the programers...
And we can look forward to a fix in the next service patch!
Message 8 of 11
wjshannon

I upgraded all of our users from 3 to 2005 and now have multiple image insertion problems. We have hundreds of survey files in NAD 27 South Central Texas - Feet and have Sid files and ECW files that are in NAD83 South Central Texas Meters and Map nor Rasterdesign image insert can handle these files without locking up or crashing totally out of Autocad totally. Our local dealer has never heard of any problem like this and has not returned my call.
Message 9 of 11
robert.b.murray

As far as I know, I never heard back from ACAD or my dealer despite several inquiries, the problem has never been fixed. I suspect it's a problem with the SID format. I have kept the previous releases of both MAP and RD on a laptop just to do the conversions. Once they are done in a previous version you can save the file, load it into MAP 3D, and it is registered properly. Keep your fingers crossed for the new release.
Message 10 of 11

I had that same problem. The way I fixed the coordinate conversion issue is I used my coordinate files from 2004 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\GIS\CoordSys It has been some time since I have done it, but I over wrote the .las and .lon files from 2005 install with the same ones from 2004 that seemed to fix the conversion problem. As for the flash and no image, try inserting frames only then highlight the frame then right click then show image.
Message 11 of 11
jmatte2004

i am have the same problem with the louisiana images but raster design just hangs up with mine and never inserts have to us the ctrl-alt-delete to make it stop. and using map in civil 3d does work but you can't crop a arial and i find that raster work better.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost