AutoCAD Raster Design General Discussion

AutoCAD Raster Design General Discussion

Valued Contributor
huehue
Message 1 of 3 (1,086 Views)

Merging Vector to Raster creates New image

1086 Views, 2 Replies
05-12-2008 03:45 PM
I am attempting to take a vector image and merge it into an existing .tif image that I inserted into AutoCAD (Raster Design). I am using Image>Merge>Vector to Raster. After I get asked if I want to delete the vector image, a "New Image" window comes up. I simply got out of that window and it created a new image, separate from the .tif image I wanted to merge it into. I do not want two images, I want one. I can not figure out how to do this. In the days of "CAD Overlay" doing this was easy. Simply selecting the images to merge crerated one image. Can someone tell me how to get one image out of the two?
*Phil Daley
Message 2 of 3 (1,086 Views)

Re: Merging Vector to Raster creates New image

05-13-2008 04:25 AM in reply to: huehue
It sounds to me that you are merging one image into another.

That would be Image Merge, IIMERGE.

Vector merge, IVMERGE, merges lines and circles (ie. vectors) into an
image.

On Mon, 12 May 2008 22:45:11 +0000, huehue <> wrote:

>I am attempting to take a vector image and merge it into an existing .tif image that I inserted into AutoCAD (Raster Design). I am using Image>Merge>Vector to Raster. After I get asked if I want to delete the vector image, a "New Image" window comes up. I simply got out of that window and it created a new image, separate from the .tif image I wanted to merge it into. I do not want two images, I want one. I can not figure out how to do this. In the days of "CAD Overlay" doing this was easy. Simply selecting the images to merge crerated one image. Can someone tell me how to get one image out of the two?

Phil Daley
edjkirkley
Message 3 of 3 (1,046 Views)

Re: Merging Vector to Raster creates New image

11-21-2010 05:40 PM in reply to: *Phil Daley

Thank You, This Was Very helpful.

I am a Little Rusty going from Overlay to Raster Design.

I understand Most of the commands and can associate them from before.

But I Spent the Day Looking & trying to; 

1. Convert Vector to Raster, (and Not with the "Smart select") for some Freehand Line-work.

2. I Could not get it to Recognize the New Raster images that I had just created.

The "IIMERGE" Was the Missing Link.

Thank you. 

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Raster Design Category!

The AutoCAD Raster Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.