Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Vector to Raster creates New image

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
huehue
3136 Views, 3 Replies

Merging Vector to Raster creates New image

I am attempting to take a vector image and merge it into an existing .tif image that I inserted into AutoCAD (Raster Design). I am using Image>Merge>Vector to Raster. After I get asked if I want to delete the vector image, a "New Image" window comes up. I simply got out of that window and it created a new image, separate from the .tif image I wanted to merge it into. I do not want two images, I want one. I can not figure out how to do this. In the days of "CAD Overlay" doing this was easy. Simply selecting the images to merge crerated one image. Can someone tell me how to get one image out of the two?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: huehue

It sounds to me that you are merging one image into another.

That would be Image Merge, IIMERGE.

Vector merge, IVMERGE, merges lines and circles (ie. vectors) into an
image.

On Mon, 12 May 2008 22:45:11 +0000, huehue <> wrote:

>I am attempting to take a vector image and merge it into an existing .tif image that I inserted into AutoCAD (Raster Design). I am using Image>Merge>Vector to Raster. After I get asked if I want to delete the vector image, a "New Image" window comes up. I simply got out of that window and it created a new image, separate from the .tif image I wanted to merge it into. I do not want two images, I want one. I can not figure out how to do this. In the days of "CAD Overlay" doing this was easy. Simply selecting the images to merge crerated one image. Can someone tell me how to get one image out of the two?

Phil Daley
Message 3 of 4
edjkirkley
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank You, This Was Very helpful.

I am a Little Rusty going from Overlay to Raster Design.

I understand Most of the commands and can associate them from before.

But I Spent the Day Looking & trying to; 

1. Convert Vector to Raster, (and Not with the "Smart select") for some Freehand Line-work.

2. I Could not get it to Recognize the New Raster images that I had just created.

The "IIMERGE" Was the Missing Link.

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 4

I sant yo ShareThis vídeo

https://youtu.be/WSP12mlTcfE
Simón Noyola
Snoyola@d2et.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost