Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like it's magic............

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
219 Views, 4 Replies

Looks like it's magic............

We recently upgraded to AutoCad 2004 with RD4 from AutoCad 2002 & RD3. Now it seems that whenever we move a drawing and it's tif file to another folder in winXP explorer, then reopen the drawing and look in the either image manager, be it the Acad or RD image manager, the tif file name has a _1 added at the end. Looked in the Acad image dictionary, and the object is not actually stored that way. An example: mytif.tif shows up in image manager as mytif_1.tif. Any ideas as to why this happens? TIA
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I just created a C:\drawing1.dwg with a C:\mytif.tif inserted. I closed Autocad, I moved the drawing and image to My Documents. I opened Autocad and opened drawing1.dwg from My Documents without any problems. Are you moving or copying? After you move the image file to another folder, what is its name? In the RD manager, which tab are you on? Is it really mytif_1 or is it mytif:1 ? On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:24:24 GMT, coachball8 wrote: >We recently upgraded to AutoCad 2004 with RD4 from AutoCad 2002 & RD3. Now it seems that whenever we move a drawing and it's tif file to another folder in winXP explorer, then reopen the drawing and look in the either image manager, be it the Acad or RD image manager, the tif file name has a _1 added at the end. Looked in the Acad image dictionary, and the object is not actually stored that way. An example: mytif.tif shows up in image manager as mytif_1.tif. Any ideas as to why this happens? TIA Phil Daley
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

We're actually doing a copy and paste, then when we open the drawing in the new location, it has the _1 at the end (mytif_1.tif). I failed to mention that we have autoreplace turned on. It corrects itself after closing and reopening, and isn't causing any problems as far as I can tell, it's just weird. It's as if you attached 2 images with the same name, but with different paths. Any ideas?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Sorry.....I failed to answer the image manager question. It makes no difference which tab you're on. It still shows up with an _1 at the end. Thanks for the help.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

On Wed, 12 May 2004 18:09:26 GMT, coachball8 wrote: >We're actually doing a copy and paste, then when we open the drawing in the new location, it has the _1 at the end (mytif_1.tif). I failed to mention that we have autoreplace turned on. It corrects itself after closing and reopening, and isn't causing any problems as far as I can tell, it's just weird. It's as if you attached 2 images with the same name, but with different paths. Any ideas? Try turning off Autoreplace. You shouldn't need that setting, it was only for very old CAD Overlay compatibility. Phil Daley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost