Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Export to GEOTIFF

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jleavitt
1542 Views, 0 Replies

Image Export to GEOTIFF

I have GIS data imported from an ArcSDE database that are the base to rubbersheet scans of legacy maps for georeferencing.  The native coordinate system for the database is HARN/CA.CA/Teale which appears in my MAP 3D coordinate systems and  seems to be a well known system.  For simplicity's sake, I would prefer to operate in the native coordinate system of our GIS database.  After I get the map image georeferenced I try to use the EXPORT IMAGE routine from the Raster Design menu to save the image for future use, but there's no entry for HARN/CA.CA/Teale in the PROJECTED selection for the GEOTIFF export option.  I have been able to export it from the GEOGRAPHIC 2D selection as LL83 coordinates, but when I try to reference that image in a drawing having a different coordinate system (CA-III for instance) no transformation is performed.

Does Raster Design truly understand and translate from one coordinate system to another?  I have a suspicion the Raster Design doesn't reference the same coordinate system library the Map 3D does.  Is there some secret location where I need to copy the coordinate system file?  I've had no problem referencing DWG files from different coordinate systems in MAP 3D.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

J Edward Leavitt

J Leavitt, PLS
Land Surveyor
Bureau of Land Management
California State Office
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost