AutoCAD Raster Design Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error Unhandled Access violation Reading 0xfffffff.... Which driver?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
eunice.chagoya
2503 Views, 3 Replies

Fatal error Unhandled Access violation Reading 0xfffffff.... Which driver?

Good day. Several people at my company are having issues with Raster Design 2013. It installs successfully, however no commands are working and we receive errors. Some of us have uninstalled Raster Design and reinstalled and we are then able to run commands however, whenever we attempt to copy or move raster within AutoCAD it immediately crashes our AutoCAD

Before reinstalling...no raster commands work within AutoCad...every command says "unknown command" and will not execute the command

Error message: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled acess violation reading. 0xffffffffff Exception at ff334ddbh.

One of the users is able to open AutoCad with no problems, the problem exists exclusively with Raster Design. The crashing is not specific to a particular file or particular user for that matter. 

I tried to guide the user to install the cerified graphics card to its computer:

Make and model: HP Z420, 64 bit, Windows 7

Current graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro K2000; 9.18.13.1090; 12/29/2012.

I have a doubt in which version of the graphics card he needs to install: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert/card?siteID=123112&catID=18254205&id=18844534&suite=106...

Are you able to recommend which one is the one he needs to install?

Is it for AutoCAD 2013.

which passed? Nvidia Driver Release 276.42 [8.17.12.7642] 

or 

which passed with issues? NVIDIA Driver Release - Quadro/Tesla Desktop - 307.45 64bit [9.18.13.745]

Please advise. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Seems there was no answer here. I am escalating this via Suscription Center (just for reference)

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your post, Eunice.

There are three driver choices on that page and it should be easy to narrow down.

The bottom one, Quadro/Tesla Desktop is specific to Tesla computer hardware. Unless you have a Tesla machine then you can ignore that one.

The middle choice, 295.73, was certifed for use with Mudbox only (and not AutoCAD).

So the top choice, 276.42, is what you want.

I hope that helps...

Phil Borycens
Message 4 of 4

Than you for the guidance for future reference.

Some users finally had to re-install the software.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost