AutoCAD Raster Design General Discussion

AutoCAD Raster Design General Discussion

Dana
Message 1 of 4 (330 Views)

Demo Version Limitations

330 Views, 3 Replies
09-16-2003 10:43 PM
I'm encountering a few glitches with Autocad 2004 and the Raster Design software, and I don't know if they are true glitches in the software, or if they are limitations in the Demo version itself.

For example, when I use the text recognition, the font (simplex) that comes in vectorized is not the same that I selected as my standard font (arial). When I check the properties of the text, it indicates arial as my standard font.

Another tool that doesn't work is the clipboard. I select the clipboard, identify the object I want to copy, press enter, then nothing happens. We have a lot of redundant art and it would be great if we could save this art to a clipbook for later use.

I'm experiencing other problems with inconsistent line weights in the vector to raster conversion (I used a fixed pixel width), but I believe the problem is a video card incompatibility issue which I hope to be rectifying shortly.

Thank you for your help!

Dana
*Daley, Phil
Message 2 of 4 (330 Views)

Re: Demo Version Limitations

09-18-2003 02:34 AM in reply to: Dana
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 06:43:26 -0700, Dana
wrote:

>I'm encountering a few glitches with Autocad 2004 and the Raster
>Design software, and I don't know if they are true glitches in the
>software, or if they are limitations in the Demo version itself.
>For example, when I use the text recognition, the font (simplex) that
>comes in vectorized is not the same that I selected as my standard
>font (arial). When I check the properties of the text, it indicates arial
>as my standard font.

In the Text Recognition Setup dialog under the AutoCAD output section,
you need to set the AutoCAD style to a selection that has the output
font you desire.

Phil Daley
Dana
Message 3 of 4 (330 Views)

Re:

09-21-2003 09:54 PM in reply to: Dana
Phil,

I have that particular option selected already - and it still doesn't work.

Also, I'm having trouble with the vector to raster conversions. I have selected 'use fixed width' for my pixels, and there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the widths of lines/text. A major problem is when converting Mtext - the raster image basically turns into an unreadable blob of pixels. When I explode the Mtext and convert the image line by line, it converts okay. Any ideas or settings I can change to eliminate this?
Thanks,

Dana
*Daley, Phil
Message 4 of 4 (330 Views)

Re:

09-23-2003 08:32 PM in reply to: Dana
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 05:54:38 -0700, Dana
wrote:

>I have that particular option selected already - and it still doesn't work.

What option?

>Also, I'm having trouble with the vector to raster conversions. I have selected 'use fixed width' for my pixels, and there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the widths of lines/text.

All of my lines were the same width. What kind of entites are you
vectorizing?

>A major problem is when converting Mtext - the raster image basically turns into an unreadable blob of pixels.

I just tried it and it worked fine. Be sure to set "Imagequality" to
"draft" if you are working with a bitonal image.

Phil Daley
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Raster Design Category!

The AutoCAD Raster Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.