Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEM and image problems in Raster Design 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wishbone59
943 Views, 2 Replies

DEM and image problems in Raster Design 2014

When I import a state county sid image into Raster Design 2013 and 2014, The image appears rotated in 2014.  The cube show north in both versions. When I draw a box onto an object in 2013 then copy and paste it into 2014, it does not come in the same location.  When I create a surface from state downloaded dem files in 2013, it creates it in the correct location.  When I create a surface from state downloaded dem files in 2014, it creates far away from where it should. My drawings are set up exactly the same with the same coordinate system.  Any Ideas? Also when I check the coordinates at the same location in both drawings, they are the identical.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ron
Enthusiast
in reply to: wishbone59

Ok Autodesk, this seriously needs to be addressed and answered!

Message 3 of 3
andy.manninen
in reply to: wishbone59

We use aerial photography all the time at my company and we can no longer use Raster to bring in our aerial's if there is a difference in the coordinate systems used.  Raster will perform a 3 point affine transformation fast, but it is either off 1-2 miles north south or off by 20 miles to the east depending on the sequence of steps you use to specify the coordinate system.  We get the same error trying to use the geolocation aerial photography.  If i insert the same image using 2012 and raster i get the aerial in the correct location.  What has changed?  I CAN create a FDO connection to my SID aerial and it transforms correctly but that does not result in an XREF'able drawing as it uses the data connection.  Any fix for Raster design and coordinate system transformations?

:Cheers:

Windows 7 x 64
12 GB Ram
Intel Xeon Quad 3.20 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Civil 3D 2014 V2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost